NH sm sq baler name change

/ NH sm sq baler name change #1  

jimg

Veteran Member
I didnt see this discussed anywhere else so here goes...I see NH has changed the labeling on their small square balers for this year. Is it just that or did they make any design/mechanical changes too? From what I can tell the specs look unchanged exc possibly the 'Flow Action' thing w/ the low end baler.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #2  
I didnt see this discussed anywhere else so here goes...I see NH has changed the labeling on their small square balers for this year. Is it just that or did they make any design/mechanical changes too? From what I can tell the specs look unchanged exc possibly the 'Flow Action' thing w/ the low end baler.

A good share of my summer is hay tool related. I haven't had a chance to check on the new series. We have a new one on the lot, but it is still in the crate. I can't imagine there is too much new. There isn't much R&D money for a low production machine like a square baler.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #3  
A good share of my summer is hay tool related. I haven't had a chance to check on the new series. We have a new one on the lot, but it is still in the crate. I can't imagine there is too much new. There isn't much R&D money for a low production machine like a square baler.

Take a look see!

New Holland North America: Products

Kicking around the idea of a new 5060. I'm gonna see what sort of deal I can get at the National Farm MAchinery Show (in Louisville) next month.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #4  
I've been pricing the new series and the pricing isn't too bad. I really like the access features they added with the way the shields open so you can access most of the baler.

Jim

/ NH sm sq baler name change #5  
Take a look see!

New Holland North America: Products

Kicking around the idea of a new 5060. I'm gonna see what sort of deal I can get at the National Farm MAchinery Show (in Louisville) next month.

That new door above the front of the bale case is an excellent feature.
Thanks for shaming me into looking.
You go out & buy a 5060, you will need to change your handle here.

/ NH sm sq baler name change
Darn. I missed that small print link to the new features.

I thought small square balers were dead in regard to any new features/designs or development. Im glad to see NH is still interested in them and not betting the whole future on round balers.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #7  
That new door above the front of the bale case is an excellent feature.

That was the first thing I noticed too and immediately thought how nice it would be to have. I also like the 8 ball twine box, fill up at the barn and on most days you don't have to worry about refilling.

/ NH sm sq baler name change
Since the door seems to have gone over real big....the one on my baler seems just the same as the new exc the hinge is in a diff place. Is that it...that the edge of the door is completely out of the way?

/ NH sm sq baler name change #9  
Since the door seems to have gone over real big....the one on my baler seems just the same as the new exc the hinge is in a diff place. Is that it...that the edge of the door is completely out of the way?

I don't remember what baler you have but my 575 has the door on top and you open it and have to reach down in to clean and maintain it. It is a pain and this new system gets a lot more metal out of the way making it easier to access which is a big plus in my book. The easier it is to maintain these machines the better.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #10  

Deere and New Holland both still have a decent business selling small square balers. Not in numbers like 30 or 40 years ago, but there's still a market. I know a couple guys who grow wheat just to be able to bale straw (in small squares) because of a BIG market in that line. They sell to landscape contractors. All the old small square balers from "the good old days" are getting a little long in the tooth for reliability under hard use. Someone's gotta make 'em new.

I'm kicking around the idea of a new baler, an accumulator, a disc mower, a new tedder, and buying a loader w/grapple to put on one of the 583 Masseys. Sorta overkill for 45 acres, but I ain't ready to quit playin' just yet ;)