Next year food plot

/ Next year food plot #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
Now that I disc it to level out the high spots now it's ready to plow!. This field
Took a lot of work first I had to brush hog all the weeds that was a wild ride! uploadfromtaptalk1467314315874.jpg

/ Next year food plot #2  
how well do the crops due around the pine trees? always thought the needles were a problem? over here more maples, popple, birch, basswood..

/ Next year food plot
I heard that to about pines so maybe I'll cut it down. Don't know about the crops growing here because when I plant it will be my first time just took a sample of dirt to the local Co op to find out how much lime I need.

/ Next year food plot #4  
My guess will be that you'll need a good bit of lime. Pines make the soil quite acidic and need that lime to get the ph where it needs to be. Getting a soil test is always a good idea.

/ Next year food plot
I think about 1 ton or less of lime.

/ Next year food plot #6  
We just did 2t/ac on ours. Had to get pellet lime and spread it with our broadcast spreader because we couldn't get the big spreaders into the plots to do ag lime.

These were all worked from over grown scrub brush and small trees. It's been a process to get them built up.

This will be corn this year. Just planted so it matures later than the ag corn around here.
uploadfromtaptalk1467393790048.jpg

This is a summer mixed brassica plot. I'll till it under and replant the end of this month.

uploadfromtaptalk1467393947156.jpg

And then a few clover plots.
uploadfromtaptalk1467394019303.jpg

/ Next year food plot #7  
We just did 2t/ac on ours. Had to get pellet lime and spread it with our broadcast spreader because we couldn't get the big spreaders into the plots to do ag lime.

These were all worked from over grown scrub brush and small trees. It's been a process to get them built up.

This will be corn this year. Just planted so it matures later than the ag corn around here.
View attachment 473356

This is a summer mixed brassica plot. I'll till it under and replant the end of this month.

View attachment 473357

And then a few clover plots.
View attachment 473358

Wow, they all look great.

/ Next year food plot
Thanks a lot your food plot looks nice also

/ Next year food plot #10  
Good timing for the cultipacker project. I look forward to see how it works.