Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #11  
I like the new design. Looks more modern, but only thing I really, really wish my 5610 f -series had was the traction control. I assume this new one has that. Any guesses how much to get out of a 2011 5610 F-series with 1200ish hours in excellent condition and get into a loaded uw53? I know used 5610s still sell for quite a bit but I bet they are proud of those new units. Mine has been awesome but I sure would like the traction control. Having said that, haven't got stuck lately :)
New ones (UW53) are in the mid $70's . Random educated guess on yours sans pics would be mid 30's for private party sell. Dealer would likely give significantly less.

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #12  
So tempting, especially with supply chain shortages. It is ridiculous, but I am almost to the point of get things while I still can. First time I've ever been truly pessimistic about the future of our country. Seems like not enough people are willing to work and the leaner to lifter ratio is getting crippling. No signs of getting better either at this point. Not to get into political discussion, but check out this poem written in 1896 for explanation of lifters and leaners.

I would bet that most of us Toolcaters are lifters. Happy lifting.

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #13  
New ones (UW53) are in the mid $70's . Random educated guess on yours sans pics would be mid 30's for private party sell. Dealer would likely give significantly less.
Dealer I talked to said uw53 is only sold loaded. Only options are tires, backup camera and couple other small things. $85k msrp and he said realistically 79-80k would be the price. That is just a huge chunk of change. I think I paid around $50k in 2011 for my 5610 f-series.

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #14  
curious, what is the loaded price for the 5600 compared to the uw56?

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #15  
I bought my 2020 5600 about 1 year ago. I looked up what was quoted as the MSRP on my invoice. I had every option on mine and the MSRP was $67,537 plus turf tires were another $786. I also put on LED lights on the top, both front and back, put on a spay in bed liner in the box and floor boards, and installed a rear view camera from the dealer. The cost of those were $2300. I paid much less than the MSRP, but who knows nowadays with Covid and supply shortages? Hope that helps in a comparison.

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #16  
my 2020 was listed at $75K before discounts, loaded, thats Canadian, since picked up a set of wheels with turf tires. I installed the LED front lights waiting on the spray liner, noticed yesterday some edges of the box has light rust, got 60 hours and never had anything in the box other than a water tank

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #17  
I like these a lot, but I shelled out about $50k for a Kioti NX5510HC and Polaris Brutus (a well-watered-down version of the Toolcat [Polaris and Bobcat had a technology exchange thing going on]). If the Toolcat could run a 7' flail (in heavy growth) and could lift 2,500# I'd be all over it: I'd get rid of my tractor and perhaps the Brutus as well. No doubt, though, the Toolcat is a great fit for a lot of folks.

/ Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #18  
If the Toolcat could run a 7' flail (in heavy growth) and could lift 2,500# I'd be all over it:
Our Toolcat easily runs a 7' rotary mower that weighs 1800 pounds in heavy growth. It would probably do the same with a 7' flail.
Even a 6' flail out front would be better and faster than a 7', 3 point flail.

The Toolcat ROC is 1500 pounds. ROC stands for rated operating capacity, and it is how the Society for Automotive Engineering rates skid steer loaders. It represents 50% of the tipping load for the skid steer working under ideal conditions.

The F Series and G Series loaders will lift until the relief valve opens, but the rear wheels of a 5610 do not come off the ground, so no tipping.

Tested ours with the crane scale, 3,189 pounds at this boom angle:
PB020019.JPG

The bottom of the SSQA was about 6' high, with a chain holding the scale.
It would lift more weight at ground level with pallet forks.

Last edited:
   / Next Gen Toolcat…. UW56 #20  
The Brutus is a UTV with a small amount of industrial DNA infused into it while the Toolcat is an industrial machine with a small bit of homeowner convenience built in.