New X4 series

/ New X4 series #1  

rjkinney

Tractor
Massey 135
Has anybody seen or bought any of the new McCormick x4 series cab tractors?

/ New X4 series #2  
I tried to check them out, but none where availale on the lot. The owner of the dealership said they are based on an older chassis that has proven it's self to be very reliable. The tractors are made in Italy. They have two different engines, 2.9 litre and 3.6 litre Deutz. Both have cooled exhaust gas recirculation. The 3.6 litre engines also having a deisel oxydation catalyst. The weight of the tractor is impressive, the loader capabilities are awsome. I'm looking at the 4X.40 to replace our aging Landini 6860.

The x4.40 cab version with power shuttle & creeprer transmission, self leveling loader with third function hydraulic valve, deluxe air seat, instructor seat, pivoting front fenders. was quoted at $62 000 canadian (about $50 800 US). The X4.50 is aout $5 000 cdn more (about $4 000 us more). No negotiaction or value added barganing was done.

On paper these tractors appear to be a serious utility farm tractor with some impressive stats. I can't wait to see one and try it out.

Take care 870wing

/ New X4 series
Any idea when they will be available? The look like they have a low center of gravity.

Last edited:
   / New X4 series #4  
Dealership said they are at the distriution center. He said to expect about a 4 week delivery delay depending on the tractor configuration. The dealership in question is located in eastern Ontario. I don't know what the delivery times are in the USA. It may be quicker for you, since McCormick's head office is located in Duluth Georgia.