New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,201  
Oh you're not? Gee you could of fooled me.

No, just that with some risk tolerance and education, you can make money in your 401K with appropriate investment strategies even in down or volatile markets.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,202  
Getting back to money, one crude measure of the value of today's money is to look at the value of a Kennedy half dollar which is currently worth $7.6643 for its silver content.

Here's the ironic thing about the SVB bank failure. According to the NY Times, SVB apparently bought a huge amount of US Treasuries which are supposedly among the safest investments in the world. But they bought them when rates were low. When bank depositors asked to withdraw funds, the bank sold those investments at a $2 billion dollar loss because interest rates had risen since the bank bought Treasuries and therefore the Treasuries had to be discounted to be sold. Silicon Valley Bank Fails After Run on Deposits

Interesting what begins to happen when they take away the endless supply of low, low interest rates.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,203  
I haven't had a house payment in over 40 years.
I have had car & truck payments. Now its just a
tractor payment and next month will be the last
payment except electric, trash, internet & phone
The wife just passed last Monday I buy very little
as I don't need much.

willy
Very sorry for your loss Will.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,204  
Getting back to money, one crude measure of the value of today's money is to look at the value of a Kennedy half dollar which is currently worth $7.6643 for its silver content.

Here's the ironic thing about the SVB bank failure. According to the NY Times, SVB apparently bought a huge amount of US Treasuries which are supposedly among the safest investments in the world. But they bought them when rates were low. When bank depositors asked to withdraw funds, the bank sold those investments at a $2 billion dollar loss because interest rates had risen since the bank bought Treasuries and therefore the Treasuries had to be discounted to be sold. Silicon Valley Bank Fails After Run on Deposits

Interesting what begins to happen when they take away the endless supply of low, low interest rates.
I personally do not understand why they purchased low interest rate debt to begin with. But even more complexing is why they held onto it instead of selling it off when inflation began to rise.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,205  
Snob long time no see. How are you?

Cryptocurrency demonstrated that a currency with no regulation is not possible do to fraud and greed. The other angle of it is the Central Banking system has no intention of giving up control. If anything, a digital currency is headed towards a world currency which is headed towards the mark of the beast.
I am always good.

There is a difference between crypto and bitcoin. I am a huge fan of bitcoin. Not a huge fan of crypto.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,206  
I personally do not understand why they purchased low interest rate debt to begin with. But even more complexing is why they held onto it instead of selling it off when inflation began to rise.
Because the fed virtually destroyed the debt instrument market by holding down rates for more than a decade.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,207  
Because the fed virtually destroyed the debt instrument market by holding down rates for more than a decade.
I completely agree with you but two years ago when inflation began to rise significantly why didn't they dispose of their treasury debt holdings?

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,209  
Suppose they sold off at a discount as rates rose during the first round of rake hikes. Then sold at a slight discount every time as rakes rose again. And what would they have reinvested in and what would it had paid?

One thing that is disturbing is that the depositors who had deposits exceeding the $250,000 FDIC insurance limit are apparently going to be made whole. They are throwing money at this hoping it doesn't spread beyond control.

Status
Not open for further replies.