New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #31  
Precious metals, too. Real estate market poised to collapse.
Add to that 41 year high inflation and the highest fuel prices in history and we have the worst economic forecast of my lifetime.

In terms of today, there remain two jobs available for every unemployed worker.

The stock market is down around 30% from its high. Inflation has reduced the purchasing power of what is left by 10%.

However, as recently as 2008-2009 the stock market fell ~65% from its pre-2008 peak.

Major swings in the stock market are terrifying but characteristic of unimpeded capital markets.

The really frightening "new" factor is rising interest rates effect on both federal and state debt.

Every investment is in the toilet, unless you’re an “insider”.

The wealthiest 10% of the population owns 90% of all stocks. One reason their investments grow is they are seldom sell. Their investments are essentially "buy and hold". Further keep in mind that great wealth is 25% held by those who inherit it.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #32  

The stock market is down around 30% from its high. Inflation has reduced the purchasing power of what is left by a further `10%.

However, as recently as 2008-2009 the stock market fell ~65% from its pre-2008 peak.

Major swings in the stock market are terrifying but characteristic of unimpeded capital markets.

The really frightening "new" factor is rising interest rates effect on both federal and state debt.

Yeah I didn’t mention unemployment.

I think what Jyoutz and I are agreeing on is there’s no place to invest money for acceptable returns.

I agree the interest on the debt, especially at the FED level reaching a trillion per year is terrifying. Out of control spending is not helping

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #33  

The stock market is down around 30% from its high. Inflation has reduced the purchasing power of what is left by a further `10%.

Every investment is in the toilet, unless you’re an “insider”.

The wealthiest top 10% of our population owns 90% of all stocks. One reason their investments grow is they are seldom forced to liquidate. Their investments are essentially "buy and hold" involuntarily. Further keep in mind that great wealth is 25% held by those who inherit it.
I don't know anything on stocks but did buy a few in my 20's to hold.... has not worked out as they were delisted or simply sit there for decades...

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #34  
So I will be looking at a tractor with fel in the up coming year, I can hold off until spring/summer, looking at kobota, deere, ls, as these dealers are near me. Deere is closest and has the largest repair/parts facility. looks like waiting is the smart play then.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #35  
So I will be looking at a tractor with fel in the up coming year, I can hold off until spring/summer, looking at kobota, deere, ls, as these dealers are near me. Deere is closest and has the largest repair/parts facility. looks like waiting is the smart play then.
Can't you order something you want? Just over one year ago, we ordered a atv since it were a limited production thing. We received it in August and the dealership said it was on the only one they'll see.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #36  
I think what Jyoutz and I are agreeing on is there’s no place to invest money for acceptable returns.
Buy low, sell high.

You have been bemoaning that financial assets are cheap, a sentiment I share. Act on the good values available in the next six months.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #37  
The Kubota dealer here has 2 yards FULL of everything Kubota makes. Even when everyone here was talking about a shortage of tractors, they always seemed pretty full. You gotta wonder how long is some of that stuff is going to be sitting out in the elements as interest rates rise.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #38  
Buy low, sell high.

You have been bemoaning that financial assets are cheap, a sentiment I share. Act on the good values available in the next six months.

Great idea, Jeff.

Are you aware how high the percentage of the population is that is living paycheck to paycheck or with about $400 in their bank accounts?

These folks can’t afford to BUY LOW, SELL HIGH when all their spare money is going to buy inflated food & fuel.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #39  
The Kubota dealer here has 2 yards FULL of everything Kubota makes. Even when everyone here was talking about a shortage of tractors, they always seemed pretty full. You gotta wonder how long is some of that stuff is going to be sitting out in the elements as interest rates rise.

Just drove past 3 Kubota dealers between eastern PA and central Ohio. Saw 4 Kubota dealerships. Lots were very full of orange steel & plastic.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #40  
The neighbor's new orange tractor came with zero % financing.

Status
Not open for further replies.