New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,641  
Yep, but all gave the same corporate financing.
But it’s the overall asking price that isn’t fixed.
Also, you are free to get your own financing through your bank, credit union, etc.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,642  
Don't know about the IQ part. I feel smarter now than last year but how would I know for sure?

Yes, my "faith in humanity" bias as been noted before by several TBNers.
All I can say is it's as valid as pessimism; just less common.
rScotty
I think this is a somewhat divisive issue as I see a divergence. Everyones views are shaded by the people we are around.

You have groups of generally younger folks who perform poorly scholastically and blame others. Then there are those looking for the easy way out so, look for handouts from wherever they may come from. Then there are the ones with little regard for the future and just look for the good times today so, tend to drink too much-smoke dope-and do different drugs. Then there are the aggrieved people who want slavery reparations or "social justice" which I generally take as negative influences.

You also have the people setting new test scores and learning stuff in high school that in times past would have been PHD level scholastic work and those starting businesses whether a simple local sandwich shop or what will become a corporation on a stock exchange in the future.

Depending on who you encounter on a daily basis will shade your view on the future. A 20-something that blames my generation for the world's problems but hasn't really lived any life or experiences on their own irritates me a lot so, I generally avoid them because you can't have a coherent conversation with them about anything with objectivity.

My volunteer work with Adult GED efforts has been both great and a bit ambivalent. Some really blossom with self-confidence and go on to get better jobs and make more money to provide for themselves and those in their family. Others I could never reach because they were often coerced or bribed to be there which can make you cynical if you aren't careful, in my experience. Younger people who are high school drop-outs are a whole different know-it-all problem in many cases because we aren't talking about some third-world country where the child quits to go work the fields to feed his or her brothers and sisters!

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,643  
I think rising interest rates will force dealers to sharpen their pencils, but then all your savings gets gobbled up with higher interest!
Cash is always king in our system. It’s always better to “buy once, cry once”, BUT and its a very BIG “but”, most people can no longer pay cash for these large ticket items in this economy and not with high inflation far outpacing incomes.

Again, depends on your situation. Cash is king in my savings account and my investment account.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,644  
Again, depends on your situation. Cash is king in my savings account and my investment account.
To be fair to you or others, you also need to know I’m buying machines in the $10,000- $100,000 price range, so while I may pen a check for a $20,000 piece, I usually can’t on a $90,000 piece. Like you said, all depends on situation.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,646  
Something most people overlook is dealer overhead in their markups.

In my case, the cash and interest incentives are from the manufacturer, not the local dealership.

Negotiation is really about the dealer 'markup' over 'true invoice cost'.

Personally, I am willing to pay a bit more for dealers or salesman that take good care of me and have the resources to support me. 3 Massey dealers were nice enough but, could not talk about a 5700S/5S beyond what I could read off the brochure. The dealer I am working with actually has this tractor in stock and can service it and I won't be the only one at the dealership using the service department to fix it!

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,647  
Be careful with that cash is king in a savings account as banks are getting flakey lately. That cash may vanish in the night and you won't even realize it. Besides as each day passes, that cash is worth less and less...

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,648  
Be careful with that cash is king in a savings account as banks are getting flakey lately. That cash may vanish in the night and you won't even realize it. Besides as each day passes, that cash is worth less and less...
Yeah I don't have a lot in the bank it doesn't earn you much there anyway just enough for about 6 months of liquidity.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,649  
Yeah I don't have a lot in the bank it doesn't earn you much there anyway just enough for about 6 months of liquidity.
In reality considering the devaluing of currency today, any funds in any commercial bank is going backwards. You are actually paying a bank to hold your money today. It earns you nothing. It costs you instead.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,650  
I purchased my tractor in June 2021 with a loan
for 6 years and next month I hope to pay it off.
I will be saving over $1500 by doing this. I
Purchased the tractor, tiller, brush hog and land
plane, quick hitch and thumb for the backhoe.
SS only paid $250 many many years ago for a
burial and with all the inflation that's happened
in over 20 years SS has raised it to $255! A whole
$5 increase. I feel sorry for people that only have
SS to live on. I don't understand how people can
live on $500 to $800 a month. They almost have
to be complete vegan's unless you get Wally Worlds
box of 32 burgers for approx $25. I was purchasing
distilled water for $1.18 now its $2.24 don't look like
there is any relief in sigth

willy

Status