New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,631  
I was part of this CIRCUS with General Motors working for a GM subsidiary. I could get a new Chevy pickup at "COST"!

Problem was, I could buy a new Chevy or Ford at retail for less money equipped the same!
So was I actually and 'cost' versus real cost when dealing with vehicles are 2 entirely different animals. Employee pricing is just a come on in reality. The automakers happily stick it to everyone, why I never buy new. Always off lease. I let the original purchaser take the hit. Have no issue with not having that new car smell....lol

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,632  
No, but all Kubota dealers have the same corporate financing deal. I shopped different dealers and found significant price differences between them. I bought at the lowest priced dealer within reasonable distance, then took the corporate financing. I found as much as $4000 difference between dealers for the same machine.
That is correct and applies across all brands and sizes. Financing is usually based on volume sold and the debt to repossession ratio.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,633  
No, but all Kubota dealers have the same corporate financing deal. I shopped different dealers and found significant price differences between them. I bought at the lowest priced dealer within reasonable distance, then took the corporate financing. I found as much as $4000 difference between dealers for the same machine.
Of course there is. That’s capitalism. Our system of free enterprise allows dealers to undercut each other on price so you get the best deal.
If we had a different system, you’d pay the same price wherever you went and it would be higher than the lower price you found.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,634  
Regardless, you take the loan or pay cash. But there is no significant cost reduction for cash.

With interest rates being so low, the only real financial risk is repossession for non-payment or rising interest rates on long-term financing.

Cash payment upfront makes more sense with higher interest rates. Long-term <4% rates for most encourage them to do different things with cash upfront to generate income in tractor terms or buy farkles in terms of homeowners or hobby ranchers and farmers.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,635  
Be patient, interest rates are climbing monthly. In my situation, APR means nothing as I write it off anyway. Just ordered a new implement and never inquired as to the finance rate because for me it means nothing.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,636  
But the interest rate discussion brings up some good points. With interest rates rising like they are, any company offering financing has to consider that in their package they can offer you.

If they didn't they wouldn't be in business very long and you wouldn't want to buy a tractor from there anyways.

So you might see slightly better deals on cash purchases then you would have even 8 months ago. Because someone has to deal with that higher interest rate and it isn't going to be them.
Right now, I'm getting offers for a $5K cash rebate for cash payment or $1500 to $3000 cash rebates for financing at 0% for 24 months to 3.9% for 84 months.

With long-term interest rates being a bit volatile, 3.9% on a tractor could be a good 'investment' return for some people and companies.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,637  
But the interest rate discussion brings up some good points. With interest rates rising like they are, any company offering financing has to consider that in their package they can offer you.

If they didn't they wouldn't be in business very long and you wouldn't want to buy a tractor from there anyways.

So you might see slightly better deals on cash purchases then you would have even 8 months ago. Because someone has to deal with that higher interest rate and it isn't going to be them.
I think rising interest rates will force dealers to sharpen their pencils, but then all your savings gets gobbled up with higher interest!
Cash is always king in our system. It’s always better to “buy once, cry once”, BUT and its a very BIG “but”, most people can no longer pay cash for these large ticket items in this economy and not with high inflation far outpacing incomes.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,638  
Right now, I'm getting offers for a $5K cash rebate for cash payment or $1500 to $3000 cash rebates for financing at 0% for 24 months to 3.9% for 84 months.

With long-term interest rates being a bit volatile, 3.9% on a tractor could be a good 'investment' return for some people and companies.
If you have your money in a 4% interest earning MM account, then 3.9% isn’t too bad.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,639  

Also, to accurately gauge if that is a good deal, you need to know your starting point. $5,000 sounds like a lot, but what if the dealer is starting at $10,000 over invoice to begin with? Then it’s not such a great deal.
Just sayin!

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,640  
Of course there is. That’s capitalism. Our system of free enterprise allows dealers to undercut each other on price so you get the best deal.
If we had a different system, you’d pay the same price wherever you went and it would be higher than the lower price you found.
Yep, but all gave the same corporate financing.

Status
Not open for further replies.