New to tractors

/ New to tractors #21  
Tractor stuck and muddy join the club with the rest of us. ;)

/ New to tractors #22  
View attachment 584174
Tried my hand at my drive way. Not 100% but happy for a first go at it.
It looks like your gravel drive is a hill, correct?
How does the 24 pull your grader box on the hill?
Does it do ok?
My bx1800 just didn't have enough ***, unless i added a lot of weight. Even then, it struggled.

/ New to tractors
Yes, it does slope down. It's not steep by any means. With that being said, while I was running the box on it I did stop myself a couple of times. I place the blame on me not having the box set correctly. The teeth were not required and set up completely out of the way. I experimented with the top link and that's where I ran into loss of traction. I say that it was my fault because after playing with the adjustment I was able to draw up an overflowing box and I could pull it up, down, and sideways. I will try and take pics of the area I am starting to clear off. I was thoroughly surprised how capable this tractor was. I did run I to a few instances where I had to use the hoe to break loose some dirt and buried trees and saw them to more acceptable lengths. I honestly probably should have went with the RK37. My thought process is this, the 37 would be considerably less maneuverable and more prone to tip. I basically own 10 acres of hill side. The only flat spot is the first 30yds of my driveway. I went with the 24 for its smaller stature. I know it's a bit small for what I'm trying to set up but will be the perfect size to hold what I got when it's set up. I figure, work slow, work smart and it should do pretty much everything the 37 will do just with smaller "bites". I feel obligated to make sure that you understand my opinion is Im honestly impressed with the lil guy but I truly have nothing to base it against so take it with a grain of salt.

/ New to tractors #24  
Yes, it does slope down. It's not steep by any means. With that being said, while I was running the box on it I did stop myself a couple of times. I place the blame on me not having the box set correctly. The teeth were not required and set up completely out of the way. I experimented with the top link and that's where I ran into loss of traction. I say that it was my fault because after playing with the adjustment I was able to draw up an overflowing box and I could pull it up, down, and sideways. I will try and take pics of the area I am starting to clear off. I was thoroughly surprised how capable this tractor was. I did run I to a few instances where I had to use the hoe to break loose some dirt and buried trees and saw them to more acceptable lengths. I honestly probably should have went with the RK37. My thought process is this, the 37 would be considerably less maneuverable and more prone to tip. I basically own 10 acres of hill side. The only flat spot is the first 30yds of my driveway. I went with the 24 for its smaller stature. I know it's a bit small for what I'm trying to set up but will be the perfect size to hold what I got when it's set up. I figure, work slow, work smart and it should do pretty much everything the 37 will do just with smaller "bites". I feel obligated to make sure that you understand my opinion is Im honestly impressed with the lil guy but I truly have nothing to base it against so take it with a grain of salt.
Ywa, i have a shorter, but steeper hill on my gravel drive. Grading downhill? Works great. But, of course, over time and rain, a lot of my gravel ends up at the bottom of the hill. So, i try and pull it back up. I've never done a great job. My little beast does have the turf tires, so that doesn't help. I've added weight to the front at times, and that makes a huge difference. Just really looking forward to getting a new machine, something a little bigger, heavier, with grippier tires. Also, will love the fel with a grapple. I'm surrounded by woods on 3 sides, and over the years, there's been a lot of trees I'll be able to use the grapple to help clean up

/ New to tractors
I looked st the BX series. Specifically the BX23S. Immediately struck that off the list and moved to the B2301 and B2601. I believe you will notice a big difference going to the RK24. The BX23S was definitely nicer as far as creature comfort goes and may be plentiful for your needs but it was not going to cut it for me. I honestly feel I should have went with the RK37 but believe the RK24 will be what I want when I have my property set up the way I want it. Will just be slower to get there using the 24.... and the rain... it's raining now. Agian lol. It will all come together though.

/ New to tractors #26  
You still liking your 24?
Was looking at a used bx2380, already set up with 3rd function and landpride grapple-all for about $13000. Only had 17 hours on it. Was getting ready to buy it and my car had possible major engine problems. Was in the shop and i was thinking and looking at having to buy another vehicle. So i put the tractor on hold. Got the vehicle sorted out(thankfully for only $1500) and went to buy the bx.
Of course, was sold about 3 days prior.
So, back to square 1.
I'm looking at the rk24, bx2380, and the mf1705. All great machines, all close to me, just have to see who i can get the best deal from.
Also, have my bx1800 already up for sale.

/ New to tractors
Yes, I am still happy with the RK. I too was bouncing back and forth from the Kubota and RK. Take this with a grain of salt because the experience I have with the BX23S is all on the lot. I personally think the RK 24 is noticeably more tractor than the BX series. To me its the equivalent to the B2301 series. I would think you would appreciate the difference between the BX1800 and the RK24 more that between the BX and BX. I do not know enough about MF to give any input worth anything on them. As far as RK goes, I truly am happy with the whole experience. Even considering the grapple took like almost 2 months more than estimated. Super nice people and like for like set up coming in at almost 10k less than Kubota. Hard to beat. If you are a large scale farmer I could see the benefit of sticking with a more established manufacturer at this time but Harry the homeowner really needs to check out what RK is offering.

/ New to tractors #28  
Yes, I am still happy with the RK. I too was bouncing back and forth from the Kubota and RK. Take this with a grain of salt because the experience I have with the BX23S is all on the lot. I personally think the RK 24 is noticeably more tractor than the BX series. To me its the equivalent to the B2301 series. I would think you would appreciate the difference between the BX1800 and the RK24 more that between the BX and BX. I do not know enough about MF to give any input worth anything on them. As far as RK goes, I truly am happy with the whole experience. Even considering the grapple took like almost 2 months more than estimated. Super nice people and like for like set up coming in at almost 10k less than Kubota. Hard to beat. If you are a large scale farmer I could see the benefit of sticking with a more established manufacturer at this time but Harry the homeowner really needs to check out what RK is offering.
You're right, i think the rk24 is actually a larger frame, heavier built tractor than the new bx80, either the 23 or the 26. That's the main reason i started looking at it.
Surprisingly, when pricing them out, the rk is more expensive than the bx2380. My dealer has recently quoted me $13000 for the 2380, fel, and 60" mowing deck. The exact same set up through rk is $15200.
I've got an email back out to the kubota dealer about some questions, namely if the loader deck pin-on or qa. Also wanting a 54" deck due to layout of my property.
Plus, wanting dealer to install a 3rd function to use with a grapple at some point.

/ New to tractors #29  
You're right, i think the rk24 is actually a larger frame, heavier built tractor than the new bx80, either the 23 or the 26. That's the main reason i started looking at it.
Surprisingly, when pricing them out, the rk is more expensive than the bx2380. My dealer has recently quoted me $13000 for the 2380, fel, and 60" mowing deck. The exact same set up through rk is $15200.
I've got an email back out to the kubota dealer about some questions, namely if the loader deck pin-on or qa. Also wanting a 54" deck due to layout of my property.
Plus, wanting dealer to install a 3rd function to use with a grapple at some point.
****, that's what i get for working too many doubles in a row. Scratch what i wrote this morning. I just went over what i wrote and went over my numbers on the bx quote and i was wrong. Not sure what i was looking at. The bx is more expensive, by about $800.
****, at 55, i guess working my 3rd double in a row is kicking my ***.

/ New to tractors #30  
****, that's what i get for working too many doubles in a row. Scratch what i wrote this morning. I just went over what i wrote and went over my numbers on the bx quote and i was wrong. Not sure what i was looking at. The bx is more expensive, by about $800.
****, at 55, i guess working my 3rd double in a row is kicking my ***.
At 35, 3 does start to wear on me. After 10 or 11, your kinda numb.