New to tractors

/ New to tractors #1  

HoneyBadger1

Tractor
Rk24
Hello all. I have purchased my first tractor. Its an RK24. I have bounced back and forth between the RK and Kubota and ended up going with the RK. Overall I am happy with the tractor and purchasing experience. I had to order it and was told it would take approx 3 weeks. Much to my surprise it was there in about 1.5 weeks. The purchasing process was fairly painless. Outside of dropping that kid of cash lol. I'm waiting for the 3rd function valve and grapple. I look forward to being a member of this RK portion of TBN.

/ New to tractors #2  
Welcome HB1. There is an awful lot to learn here from these folks. Congratulations on your purchase and much Good Luck!

Frank

/ New to tractors #3  
Welcome to TBN. You will learn to really use and enjoy your grapple.

/ New to tractors #4  
:welcome: to TBN and congrats on your new investment. :thumbsup:

/ New to tractors #5  
Congrats! I'm sure you will get lots of use out of it.

/ New to tractors #6  
Hello all. I have purchased my first tractor. Its an RK24. I have bounced back and forth between the RK and Kubota and ended up going with the RK. Overall I am happy with the tractor and purchasing experience. I had to order it and was told it would take approx 3 weeks. Much to my surprise it was there in about 1.5 weeks. The purchasing process was fairly painless. Outside of dropping that kid of cash lol. I'm waiting for the 3rd function valve and grapple. I look forward to being a member of this RK portion of TBN.
Thank you very much for your purchase and welcome to the RK Tractors forum. I'm here to assist whenever anyone has a question that may not be answered by other RK Tractors forum participants. You will love the tractor and the grapple is amazing. we are on track for Jan availability. Thanks again.

/ New to tractors
Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to the knowledge available from this forum. I have purchased a property here in NC, had a house built on it. I still have a TON of work to do and purchased the tractor in hopes I will increase the property value enough to off set the cost of the tractor. My brother has me just about talked into recording my work and posting it. It may be interesting to some to see a "city boy" adapt to a different lifestyle. I have been here in NC for approx 14 years but stuff like this is still very new to me. If I end up doing that I will post links on here. I doubt the vids will be informative to the masses on here but will be for people in my situation. It should be good for a laugh at any rate watching some one learn something new. RK Tractor Guy, I assume you in some for work for Rural King. If that's the case, I would like to take a min and express how happy I am with the service from Chuck at the Wythville VA location. Everyone is quick to complain in hopes of getting something for compensation and hardly anyone will give credit where credit is do. Has answered all my questions and very pleasant to deal with. Sold me what I needed and didn't bloat the deal with crap I didn't. I am a bounty hunter by trade and in my line of work I deal with bulls%^TTers all day and can't stand it when I have to deal with them and not get paid for it. Let alone have to deal with them and me pay them lol. Also, I hate I can't remember the gentlemen's name who helped me with the Sthil chainsaw I purchased. He was very nice and extremely knowledgeable. I intended to purchase a MS251 but ended up walking out the door with the MS271. I'm not easily persuaded to upgrade on the fly like that but this man knew what he was talking about, made a logical case for the MS271 over the 251 and presented it in a way that was not pushy. I'm not sure if its a Sthil restriction or what but I had no idea that they were offered through RK via the website. I intended to purchase my saw from a local shop the day prior but was held up at work. I guess everything happens for a reason right? I'm not sure what the companies prerequisites are for a new location but we need a store in Elkin NC! The TS and Walmart are pitiful here. RK would have no problem pulling shoppers from those locations!

/ New to tractors #8  
HB1,
Read a lot and watch videos...especially of accidents and stupid stuff. these are great machines but they can hurt or kill you. I am also a new owner and I try to be very cautious.

Welcome!!

/ New to tractors #9  
congrats on your new machine. and let me just say, if you have any questions about anything tractor related, right here on tbn is the place to ask. its amazing how knowledgeable the people on here are. good luck with the tractor and be careful on it, though they are fun to operate, they can be dangerous.

/ New to tractors
Rodger that. I'm a fairly reserved guy and completely respect the dangers involved. When I said it will be "good for a laugh" I didn't mean I'd be Roland Martin on a tractor lol. I know enough to know I need to know more so that's how I got here. Thanks agian for the welcome!