New to this... hydraulic issue on a terramite T5c 1998

/ New to this... hydraulic issue on a terramite T5c 1998 #11  
I did a little looking in the Parker engineering area and it seems that the o ring is there to keep a tight seal at low pressure until higher pressure forces the cup outward. So it would seem you would have more of a problem with things lowering when not under load than with maximum pressure. Learn something new all the time.

amazing aint it ? The guy at the hydraulics shop told me it is MUCH easier to install these cup cylinder seals by taking out that inner stiffener seal.....but you can expect to lose a bit of performance....I think the terramite loader is rated to lift 1700 lbs...so even if I lost 200-300 lbs of loader lifting ability...its still plenty of power for my needs. FWIW...the loader is lowering properly when empty....I would imagine the empty weight of the bucket and the hydraulic arms is more then enough to always allow the loader bucket to be lowered by itself.

/ New to this... hydraulic issue on a terramite T5c 1998 #12  
By a problem with lowering I meant that it wouldn't hold as well. Like the backhoe might slowly drop while you are using the loader, the loader might slowly lower while it's parked, etc.

/ New to this... hydraulic issue on a terramite T5c 1998 #13  
I just replaced all the piston seals on my terramite . The guy at the hydraulics shop told me to take out the inner stabilizer seal and then its much easier to get the piston back in the cylinder without tearing. I asked him about the possibility of losing some strength in the seal by taking out that inner seal . He told me if I did, it would not be a lot and that once the piston seals are in the cylinder and under high pressure , they flare out and stabilize.

I took his advice , and getting all the pistons in the cylinder were quite easy . I figure if my loader is supposed to lift 1500 lbs...and it now will only lift 1200 lbs, thats fine by me because I did not want to spend a lot of time trying to get the new seals in the cylinder, or risk damaging them .

Like Dart1917 said .......you need another hyd shop. Those energizers are important, they are softer durometer than the Teflon piston seals and under pressure they extrude and push out giving the seal is high pressure holding capability.

You be doing those over again soon.

Best like others said above, compress them and slide them right in ........ez-pee-zee