New to me Traktar!

/ New to me Traktar! #1  

ben2go

Gold Member
I grew up running old tractors on a family friend's farm. I knew one day I'd own a old Ford tractor. Found an interesting add on Facebook market with a good price. It took me a couple of days, but I finally got to see it. I got lucky. The guy that was selling it owns his own tractor repair and resto shop. We went over the entire tractor front to rear. He really did a good job getting her in good running condition. I am amazed by how tight this tractor is and how good it runs. I do have the grill so no worries. One of the latches is broken and the guy didn't have one to make the repair. Hopefully I stumble across one, or a damaged grill with a good latch. Happy boy.

52890710123_87f9b53a64_c.jpg

/ New to me Traktar! #2  
The 8N Fords are one of my favorites.

/ New to me Traktar! #3  
Nice to see yesterday's iron still holding it's own. (y)

/ New to me Traktar! #4  
Nice old iron! Never tire of seeing it. My dad used an 8N for about 30 years and sold it a few years ago still running like a top. He used it quite a lot for hauling wood pulling trees out of woods etc.

/ New to me Traktar! #5  
First tractor I ever operated was an 8N. I've never looked into it, but I wonder if there might be more parts available for 8Ns today than some of the off brand tractors sold new in the last 10 years?

/ New to me Traktar! #6  
First tractor I ever operated was an 8N. I've never looked into it, but I wonder if there might be more parts available for 8Ns today than some of the off brand tractors sold new in the last 10 years?

I would venture to say more parts availability than even some of the name brand tractors of the last 10 years. The N series tractor seems to be one of the most popular and other than large castings everything is readily available for them. Enough so that (if you could bear the cost) could build a tractor.

/ New to me Traktar! #8  
I think that a lot of us can say that. It was a staple item around the property, doing everything from plowing and harrowing the garden, mowing the field to moving plants between the greenhouses and getting in firewood. Once my father bought a set of half tracks for it the thing was a beast in snow, also.

/ New to me Traktar!
If a Ford N tractor wasn't my first is was close to being my first. Parts seem to be more plntiful for old Fords than any other and probably a lot of new machines too. If I'm not mistaken, some stuff was interchangable between several different models of Fords and some other manufacture's models.

/ New to me Traktar! #10  
My first was an M Farmall.