Forks New (to me) pallet forks

/ New (to me) pallet forks #1  

whitedogone

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4120
I've been toying with the idea of building a fork attachment for the JD 400x for a while. I ran also this on Craigslist and thought it would save a bunch of time that I don't really have right now. I gave $350 for it. Only thing is this thing is HEAVY. And it will need to be modded to fit JDQD. I'm thinking about doing some cutting on it to save weight. I'm not sure it will lighten it up much, but I am itching to use my buddies plasma cutter.

IMG_5415.JPG

IMG_5414.JPG

/ New (to me) pallet forks #2  
Nice looking forks heavy built.

/ New (to me) pallet forks
Should be plenty stout for the 400x. They have a cap of 3750#

/ New (to me) pallet forks #4  
That is a good find. The set that I bought last year cost me 800 bucks and has the same weight capacity.

/ New (to me) pallet forks #6  
Depending how much modification you plan to do. I wonder if you'd be better off to remove the forks and Build the rest from scratch. You could probably sell the back plate to someone else to modify for their skid steer. Then you could make it as light as you want and probably have much less time in it.

/ New (to me) pallet forks #7  
I think you did well price wise........ whenever I see a set on CL anywhere near that price, I'm never quick enough and they are already sold. :(

/ New (to me) pallet forks #8  
They look good and you shouldnt be able to tear them up. How heavy are they? I have a set on my B26 that are about same size but have side shift & I rareley need the extra 150 lbs a lighter set would have saved me.

/ New (to me) pallet forks #10  
Is there any reason you can't add the mountings you need to connect your loader to each side? A little wire brushing and paint and those skidsteer forks would look like new, might also want to consider a skidsteer adaptor for you fel. Might consider cleaning and painting and see if you can work a trade with your dealer for similar forks that work on your tractor.

The one thing I wouldn't advise is to start cutting on them to lighten them up, I think you would be removing more value than weight. I have a set of Frontier 48" rail pallet forks that are very similar (if not the same) and they work great.

Steve