New tires, change size???

/ New tires, change size???
Dave, I haven't done anything with my tires. I was looking into different tire sizes because now would be the time to do it. I have no issues with the size that came with the tractor, just wondering if there was any advantage to changing the size.
Still looking at tire manufacturers, very little info on them, unlike truck/car tire manufacturers, where you can easily distinguish good from bad manufacturers as well as models of tires they make. I guess more is on the line with truck tires, and more volume of sales compared to tractor.

/ New tires, change size??? #22  
Here’s something to think about when making your selection.

When I put Yokohma Alliance 550 Multi Use tires on the front of my tractor and the sharp 90 angle 📐 of the shoulder tends to tear sod up when turning.

My old R4 tires didn’t seem to but they were very worn down.

/ New tires, change size???
I have worn r4s, so tear up is a minimum. Anyway, I only use 2 wheel drive when cutting grass. I'd imagine that new tread would still tear up in 2x4. But you do bring up a good point, figure out best tread for use.
Traction in woods is more important to me than grass. Notice I didn't say lawn. A lawn to me is something that needs attention, to be nurtured. When I lived in a neighborhood, I did that. I'm retired, and for me, I won't waste my time on it anymore. It's green, looks good and thrives on its own.

/ New tires, change size??? #24  
A lawn to me is something that needs attention, to be nurtured. When I lived in a neighborhood, I did that. I'm retired, and for me, I won't waste my time on it anymore. It's green, looks good and thrives on its own.
What he said. :- )