New T330 maintenance

/ New T330 maintenance #11  
I am just have some concerns with the inactivity with tym topic on this site.
I'd say its partially due to them being fairly new under their own name. There is a little activity on the Mahindra board (10 series).
Hopefully it is more due to them being of good quality.:)

/ New T330 maintenance #12  
TYMinColton,

How do you like the 273? I am very pleased with the 330. I am just have some concerns with the inactivity with tym topic on this site. I think they are very solid well-built machines. It sounds as if we are going to hit the 50 hr mark at about the same time. Does yours also have a kubota motor?

I love my 273. Handles 5' rototiller and brush-hog with ease, and has done everything I've asked. A real beast in the mud of Oregon!

I'd like to think that the reason there's little activity on this site is because (a) everyone loves their machine, (b) no one has any problems to report, or (c) they're actually spending more time doing work with their tractor than reading this forum :rolleyes:.

When I finally committed to buying a new tractor last spring, I looked at everything out there and test drove several Deere, Kubota, MF, and Mahindras before settling on TYM. I would have had to spend 4-8k more to build a tractor with equivalent HP, FEL lift ratings, skid steer disconnects, HST, weight in class, and a 5 year warranty. The T273 has a mitsubishi 27hp engine, which is the same engine, incidentally, that is found in the larger 2615 mahindra. Also great to see that some of the larger TYMs have Kubota, Deere, and now CAT engines. Some would argue that it's better to have a manufacturer spec out ever part themselves, but I like to see a company that shops around for the best parts (like Eaton tranny's), and builds the best quality tractor for the price.

Admittedly, I was somewhat worried about parts availability, but my dealer and the US network have been super responsive, and with Montana, and Mahindra also selling several TYM built machines there seem to be lots of alternative parts sources. I was also initially concerned about resale, but decided that it made no sense to view my tractor purchase as an investment. I expect that she'll last for 30 years or more, after which the concept of "resale" follows a completely different equation.

Good luck with your T330!
Pete

/ New T330 maintenance #13  
I have 39 hours now and I am planning the 50 hour maintenance. Purchased the hydraulic filter from my dealer. Found the oil filter and my friendly family center. I plan to use Rotella 15w 40 oil. Will the universal hydralic fluid be alright to use? My dealer says they use the 303 john deere fluid. Universal can be bought for around $35.00 a bucket. I have kept all the receipts and plan to be organized in case dealer wants to see records in an event.

Make sure to use the trans-hyd type oil not just a regualr hyd oil. The trans-hyd oil has the special aditives needed for the bearings in the trans.

/ New T330 maintenance #14  
Admittedly, I was somewhat worried about parts availability, but my dealer and the US network have been super responsive, and with Montana, and Mahindra also selling several TYM built machines there seem to be lots of alternative parts sources.
Pete

Pete,

I'm in a very remote area and my original dealer charges a pretty hefty shipping and handling fee on the parts I order from him. Do you think the dealer you mentioned would ship the air, oil and fuel filters I need for regular maintenance? You mentioned US network, where do I locate information about the network?

/ New T330 maintenance #15  
Pete,

I'm in a very remote area and my original dealer charges a pretty hefty shipping and handling fee on the parts I order from him. Do you think the dealer you mentioned would ship the air, oil and fuel filters I need for regular maintenance? You mentioned US network, where do I locate information about the network?

Hey, sorry, haven't been spending quite as much free time on TBN - just caught your message. I suspect that Steve of Valley View tractor could hook you up with just about any part. TYM's west coast headquarters is located in Redmond, OR and seems to drop ship any part directly to the customer when the order is placed through a dealer. This seems to be the easiest way to get quality TYM parts. You can drop Steve an e-mail at: steve@valleyviewtractor.com and visit his website at:
ContactUs

As for other dealers, try:
The official TYM Tractors Web site
and then plug in your nearest US zipcode for a list of dealers.

Good luck!
Pete

/ New T330 maintenance #17  
I also bought TYM 330 but HST at spring of this year. The dealer in Iowa also sells Mahindra and claims that some Mahindras are actually made by TYM while the HST bears TYM name and Mahindra is mechanical with shuttle. I tried both but my wife decided on HST.
So far I put over 75 hours mostly FEL work and some bushhogging on the tractor. The manual recommends first transmission oil change after 50 hours and the consequent oil chnage every 300. I used Premium Gear and Hydro oil (equivalent of JD 303). It was somewhat expensive oil change in range of 250 USD for oil (including engine and front axle) and about 60 USD for all filters.
So far I am happy with the machine except the paint on the deck. I think I will throw away the rubber mat and spray on bed liner instead.