New T330 maintenance

/ New T330 maintenance #1  

brianMO

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T330 w/ lt300 loader
I think I have a bit over 12 hours now since last Saturday when I took delivery on my new tractor. I was reading the manual last night and notice they recommend the trans oil changed in 50 hours. I can see the the engine oil should be changed but question the trans. That is a lot of oil. Any comments on this? So far I love this machine. I pick up a king cutter 6' box blade last night for about a 1/3 of the price of a new one. I plane to use it this weekend. I think this is a great tractor. Seems very well built. I am little worried about the popularity of it. Not a whole lot of activity on this site in the TYM column.

/ New T330 maintenance #2  
brianMO said:
I think this is a great tractor. Seems very well built. I am little worried about the popularity of it. Not a whole lot of activity on this site in the TYM column.

I keep hoping the generally lack of TYM chatter reflects the fact that we're either:
A) Really happy with our machines (no complaints)
B) Too busy getting seat-time
C) All of the above :)

Congrats on the 330! Looks like a nice machine.

/ New T330 maintenance #3  
Is yours a hydrostatic? I think its a good idea to change the oil in a Hydro unit. Get any possible metals left over from the machining of the parts. Too expensive a part to ignore.

/ New T330 maintenance #4  
My 300HST is a great machine. I found it interesting that my HST filter was just like one of JD. I have just gone over the 110 hr mark and it's one tough machine.
Best of luck with the 330!

TYM 300HST Kubota 7610 Exmark Lazer Z
Just a worker bee helping the colony to survive
SPERRY

/ New T330 maintenance
Mine is a shuttle shift. I strayed away from the hst. I was told you needed to run it at full throttle to keep the pumps from failing. I thought that fuel economy would be a bit better with shuttle if that is true. So far I am really getting the hang of the shuttle. I put another 10 hours on this weekend. I have been working with a 6 ft box blade trying to remove ruts from my yard. I know you should protect your investment, but petroleum products are $$$. I was wondering how many actually change the trans fluid after 50 hours.

/ New T330 maintenance #6  
Is yours a hydrostatic? I think its a good idea to change the oil in a Hydro unit. Get any possible metals left over from the machining of the parts. Too expensive a part to ignore.

Good points, but my bottom-line has to be the warranty. When my T273 HST needs her 50 hour maintenance in a few, I'm planning on replacing all of the fluids outlined in the service manual. The Five year warranty on the TYMs is unparalleled in the industry - I'd hate to give TYM a reason not to honor it. . . :cool:

/ New T330 maintenance #7  
The initial service is the one that I'd be most concerned with. With anything new there will be some initial wear and material left behind from machining. I would recommend changing it. Going by the manual is gonna be your best bet.. but if I was thinking about saving money on oil... it'd be on later recommended changes and not the first one.

/ New T330 maintenance
I have 39 hours now and I am planning the 50 hour maintenance. Purchased the hydraulic filter from my dealer. Found the oil filter and my friendly family center. I plan to use Rotella 15w 40 oil. Will the universal hydralic fluid be alright to use? My dealer says they use the 303 john deere fluid. Universal can be bought for around $35.00 a bucket. I have kept all the receipts and plan to be organized in case dealer wants to see records in an event.

/ New T330 maintenance #9  
I have 39 hours now and I am planning the 50 hour maintenance. Purchased the hydraulic filter from my dealer. Found the oil filter and my friendly family center. I plan to use Rotella 15w 40 oil. Will the universal hydralic fluid be alright to use? My dealer says they use the 303 john deere fluid. Universal can be bought for around $35.00 a bucket. I have kept all the receipts and plan to be organized in case dealer wants to see records in an event.

Looking at this thread with great interest. My T273's at around 42 hours and I too am preparing for my 50 hr.

/ New T330 maintenance
TYMinColton,

How do you like the 273? I am very pleased with the 330. I am just have some concerns with the inactivity with tym topic on this site. I think they are very solid well-built machines. It sounds as if we are going to hit the 50 hr mark at about the same time. Does yours also have a kubota motor?