New T273 in Ohio

/ New T273 in Ohio #11  
Maka, I bought a 273 from Apparosa Equipment in Roanoke, IN this past Friday and they delivered it out to my farm (about 15 minute drive) last night.

This one was on their lot since last October. It had less than one hour on it.

I got it for the scratch and dent sale price. (which they brought up!)

I also ordered a KK 60" rotary cutter, a KK rear blade, a KK 5.5 angle disk, and a Herd broadcast spreader for my ATV.

When it comes in they will bring them out and attach it all and make adjustments (cut pto etc..) to make sure it all fits.

Thanks to you and this forum for helping me make up my mind and pull the trigger.

I maybe should mention that I live 45 minutes from my 70 acre farm. Within 200 yards of my farm is a JD dealer. 5 minutes from where I live is a JD dealer and 1 mile from where I work is a JD dealer. I've bought a Toro lawn mower and a Stihl leaf blower from the dealer near where I work, but have never gotten a warm and fuzzy from ANY of the JD dealers. They never seemed to have any time to answer questions, and it seemed I was more of a bother than a customer to them.

The guys at Apparosa Equipment are just nice guys that took the time to answer all my questions. I have every confidence that when I need service they will be there to take care of me. That's what really sold me.

It's nice to get a great tractor at a great price from great guys!

Last edited:
   / New T273 in Ohio
Marblesonac, you might want to make sure they put the new style muffler on before they deliver. The one I got still had the old muffler and was broken by the time I received it.

It was a quick fix swapping in the new muffler myself, but even easier if they do it for you!

I'm sure you'll love your new TYM. I'm so busy having fun w/ mine I can't even find time to take pictures!.

/ New T273 in Ohio #13  
Thanks Mike, after searching this forum for problems, and noting that the muffler shaking loose was a big one, I asked them about it.

They told me that a field tech from TYM had been out to go over all the known problems, and the fixes for them. They did not mention a new muffler, but they did mention an additional bracket on it.

John, their head service guy, came out with the tractor and spent a lot of time with my 16 year old son and I making sure we new how to use it. He watched us move stone with the bucket and back drag stone and made some suggestions which helped. He went over every little and big thing.

So far I am very happy with my purchasing choices.

Thumbs up to the tractor and the dealers service.

/ New T273 in Ohio #14  
I should also mention how happy I was while talking to the guys at Herd Seeder

Herd Seeder - Seeders, Spreaders and Feeders

Ted spent a lot of time with me getting the exact right seeder, rheostat and blocking plate for my needs.

Bobbi then gave me contact info for all the dealers in my area...it seemed that they were the JD dealers I don't have a warm a fuzzy for. I asked them about Apparossa becoming a dealer and they said, no problem, have them give me a call.

About 2 hours later they were a dealer and had ordered the exact parts I needed.

I could have ordered direct through Herd, but for the same price to me, or even a little better, I didn't mind Apparosa getting a little piece of the action.

/ New T273 in Ohio #15  
Apparosa just called, they have the seeder and were wondering if I needed any help assembling and wiring?

They also asked if I had a chance to run the tractor anymore? Did I have any questions or issues?

Since I was moving the #2 stone so well back dragging with the FEL, they didn't think I would really need the back blade, so I canceled it. They recommended I go with the slip clutch instead of the shear pin on the mower, so I did.

Great service so far....