New T273 in Ohio

/ New T273 in Ohio #1  

Mike5252

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Finally picked up my T273 today. It arrived earlier in the week, but today was the first day I could get by to pick it up. Dealer loaned me his trailer to haul it on.

Initial reactions:

1. Tractor was a dealer return, so didn't actually see it until today. It was in better condition that I had ever hoped. Only a couple of small dings on the loader - certainly nothing a little touch up paint won't fix. Weathering was VERY minor. 5.9 hrs on it when I picked it up.
2. Build quality and engineering is very good. In most ways every bit the equal (and in some ways definitely better) than the JD 2520 I had previously.
3. One thing extremely odd is that the right hand rear tire is filled with Rim Guard (looks kind of like oil?), while the left tire has air in it. Is this a problem, or do I need to even worry about this?
4. My local dealer does not stock an inventory of TYM parts. Are there dealers out there I could order things like filters and touch up paint from? If so, please PM me.

Pictures to follow as soon as possible. Time to go play w/ the tractor some more.

/ New T273 in Ohio #2  
I can't believe this! Is this what you have to go through to buy a supposely BRAND NEW TYM tractor? You paid new tractor price... What's wrong with this picture? This is exactly what I saw at California dealers.... very disappointed.

/ New T273 in Ohio
Stumpfield, I'm not diappointed at all. I got a great deal on a like new tractor. Admittedly, having 1 filled tire is a little odd, but doesn't at all take away from getting a tractor that is every bit as nice as any other CUT for about 5k less.

Why people aren't lining up at their local TYM dealer to get one of these tractors w/ the special pricing is absolutely beyond me.

........Oh and by the way if anyone gets a tractor with the LEFT tire filled with rim guard, I'll trade you!

/ New T273 in Ohio #4  
Please do not post again until you bring pictures to the party :) Also, make them action pictures.

Congrats!!

Who knows on why things are they way they are. Question to you, was the price below the advertised "Deal" that is in the papers, or did you pay that price?

/ New T273 in Ohio
As I was mentioning in another post, I couldn't find any type of fixed price on the east coast. The only special pricing was on these dealer return units.

I was able to get what I think was a very good deal - just under 11k.

Pictures this weekend.......I promise.

/ New T273 in Ohio #6  
Sounds like a deal to me. My 10 series Mahindra is TYM made and I am as happy now as I was when I first got it.
Congrats!

/ New T273 in Ohio #7  
When I was looking hard at TYM, Steve (Valley View) offered to go to the warehouse and get me a 330HST that had been used as a trade show demo. Something like 10 hours. The price was way right at the time.... I was thrilled to get not only because of the price, but because I knew it was gone over by the mechanics so there would be no trade show blunders.

You did a good thing getting that deal. Congrats!

/ New T273 in Ohio #8  
Congrats on getting your TYM!! :D

I can't think of any reason to only fill one tire unless a person 'always' mowed (or whatever?) with the filled tire on the upper-side of a hill. :confused:
That's 'possible' I suppose but I suspect that either the Rimguard tire was a replacement off another tractor (to replace one that was leaking air) or the one you have with air was to replace a leaking Rimguard filled one on your tractor, or some such scenario.
I wish I could get Rimguard here, but unfortunately I can't. :(
I use my T273 on some fairly hilly areas, and I sure would like the extra weight out and low.

But yeah ..... I too was more impressed with the 273 than I was with the 2520 I seriously looked at, especially when it was had at almost half the delivered price.
I'm also very happy I went with the folks at Valley View (and every time I use it I bless all the good folks here that steered me to Steve)!! :D

/ New T273 in Ohio #9  
Congrats Mike!!

I just sat down after moving dirt all morning. I was scopping loads of HEAVY wet dirt piled 2x higher that the bucket then moving it up a STEEP hill. I think I could hear it say "is that the best you can do?" The motor never even broke a sweat. I can definitly confirm the 1350 lb lift capacity on the loader!!

It was just one of those days that I was on it and said WOW does this thing work. I hope your experience is the same.

Roady

/ New T273 in Ohio #10  
Pictures? I want to first say about pricing and the east coast west coast thing. We have sold dozens of the 233/273 this year and I would take 30 more right now but they are so popular it is hard to get as many in as I want. The price on the west coast is a promo and won't be around much longer. There are some dealers who don't sell many so they have old stock and you may see some of that in some places. In Idaho, Montana, Washington and Oregon I know that most dealers are moving them so quick they have them sold faster than they can get them.

We don't have one single 233/273 on our lot over a week old and I have another truck load coming in next Thursday and 2 of those are sold.

The 273's are sold out so no new ones available at this point. The 233 are going quickly and these prices will end soon so if you want one I owuld get it quickly.

Maka