New Power Trac equipment release dates

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
Does anyone know when Power Trac will be releasing new models?

KCook

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #2  
When I last talked to Chris (about three weeks ago), he mentioned June as an approximate. It sounded like they were still beating up the test designs and would basically have it done when they thought it was right... I doubt if they have much in terms of project management, deadlines, etc... just do it right and don't let it out until it is finished. That could be old news by now.. anyone hear anything more recent?

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates
June would be ok, any idea on new models or additions to old models or changes?

KCook

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #4  
charlie, i see you guys have a post driver, did i miss that before? they are about halve the price from what bocat want's for theirs.

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #5  
The only two I remember is a post driver and a tralier with dumping capability. Chris did mention that they had either 4 or 5 items in the works.

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #6  
Hans:
I haven't actually tried the post driver, but talked to PT about it. It is available for the 1845 and bigger. They told me they'd sell me one for a 1430, but warned that one customer had turned a 1430 over with one. I assume he was poorly positioned on a hill, or drove with the weight high.
When I get to the point that I have a lot of fence to replace, I want to get the post driver, but for now haven't real need.

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #7  
Based on reliable sources and people having had contact in person or per telephone with power trac, there will be some new/improved models and attachments available.

Some indication are that smaller machines will be able to have a post driver available, a different front part for the 400 series up to 60 some inches loading height is an other one.

We are looking forward to x-mas in june ...hahahahaha!

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #8  
question for you Charlie: I was quite taken with your description of hole drilling prowess....now I'm wondering what advantage the post driver would have....I can imagine that you could avoid packing earth around it (the post), but I would think with a nine inch auger, there would not be much advantage in having a post driver. Am I missing something?

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #9  
Doug:
There have been a number of discussions on the board about post drivers. Those who have them swear by them. They put the post in straight, with no need to fill around it or tamp. They therefore are much faster, and the posts more firm. I have never used one, so got the auger, which was cheaper, isn't limited on pole height, and can also make holes to plant bushes, etc. The most time consuming process when I do fence work, not to mention the most fatiguing, is filling and tamping. I'd love to have a driver, but most of my work is a couple of posts at a time for repairs. The one 78 post run will be the longest I need to do for quite some time. If another long run needs to be done, I'll probably get the driver.

/ New Power Trac equipment release dates #10  
Thanks, Charlie. That all makes a lot of sense. I wonder how well they perform in semi-rocky terrain? Since we are planning to fence in 5 to 7 acres, it may be a worthwhile tool.