Loader New pallet forks

/ New pallet forks #11  
Curious how these are holding up I am looking into getting a set, I have read some mixed reviews on titan but like the price compared to others.

/ New pallet forks #12  
Land Pride 2100lb forks. Had em about five years and don't regret it a bit.

/ New pallet forks #13  
I have the Titan 42" inch forks. Use them quit a bit, no problems or complaints. I also got the hay spear option, glad I did. Have not used it for any hay yet but it sure made putting these posts in easy.
20150905_132726.jpgDSCN2163.JPGDSCN2223.JPG

/ New pallet forks #14  
   / New pallet forks #15  
Cat a little off topic, that is some beautiful country you're in!!
That truss design is very interesting for sure. Is that you're design or engineered?

Matt

It is my design, but, I copied how I seen many others built around here.
Here's the finished product.
DSCN2269.JPGDSCN2330.JPGDSCN2499.JPG

/ New pallet forks #16  
With the lower chord in tension under load, do you have a cable across to handle it, or are the gang plates carrying that tension load?

Maybe no snow where you are in Utah.

/ New pallet forks #17  
With the lower chord in tension under load, do you have a cable across to handle it, or are the gang plates carrying that tension load?

Maybe no snow where you are in Utah.

Forgive me, I'm a plumber not a framer. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. I will say the trusses are bolted (3/4" X 12" carriage bolts) thru the truss plates to the posts and nailed then support boards are nailed under each truss. This is the third barn I've built the exact same way. No problems thus far, oldest one being 18 years old. We do gets lots of snow here. Last winter you could have walked up the snow on the awning side of the barn right onto the roof.
Here's the best pictures I have of how the trusses are attached to the posts.
DSCN2197.JPGDSCN2279.JPGDSCN2192.JPG
I'll add I had the truss plant put on thicker plates than what they normally use. Wore out 3 cobalt drill bits drilling all the holes.
You can see me standing on my platform using the 42" Titan forks. Just staying on topic here. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / New pallet forks #18  
Forgive me, I'm a plumber not a framer. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. I will say the trusses are bolted (3/4" X 12" carriage bolts) thru the truss plates to the posts and nailed then support boards are nailed under each truss. This is the third barn I've built the exact same way. No problems thus far, oldest one being 18 years old. We do gets lots of snow here. Last winter you could have walked up the snow on the awning side of the barn right onto the roof.
Here's the best pictures I have of how the trusses are attached to the posts.
View attachment 476191View attachment 476192View attachment 476190
I'll add I had the truss plant put on thicker plates than what they normally use. Wore out 3 cobalt drill bits drilling all the holes.
You can see me standing on my platform using the 42" Titan forks. Just staying on topic here. :laughing:

Thanks for all the feedback, defiantly interesting setup, does it save money on buying trusses? seems like if it did the money would be ate up for the bigger roof beams. plus if you finished the inside you would have more framing to do for a ceiling.

/ New pallet forks #19  
Thanks for all the feedback, defiantly interesting setup, does it save money on buying trusses? seems like if it did the money would be ate up for the bigger roof beams. plus if you finished the inside you would have more framing to do for a ceiling.

Does save money on trusses. I do not intend to ever finish the inside, just storage for my farm equipment etc...

/ New pallet forks #20  
I have the 42" Titan forks, been getting a lot of use out of them. I actually bought the John Deere global/euro set before my tractor was delivered (bad info from seller of my tractor) and had to cut off the mounts, then water jet and weld new mounts for my tractor. They have been great, strong and well built.

Here are some pics of mine:

IMAG0729[1].jpgIMAG0714[1].jpgIMAG0702.jpg

Last edited: