New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #22  
Post shut down in 3 ... 2 ... 1

I'll kick it off.

I applaud the move. Is it a good move? Who knows. Is it something, yes! To me, that's a step in the right direction.

I don't know what the answer is to gun violence in the US, but I fully acknowledge we have a problem and need to do something about it.

I get tired of politicians who use every excuse to kick the can down the road and not act. At least this is something. At this point, I applaud anything that at least tries to change the status quo, which in my mind, is unacceptable.

As a University professor, this is an issue that is always at the forefront of my mind with the rise in campus shootings. The Professor that was just shot at UNC was a colleague of mine prior to moving to UNC about 4 years ago...
Are you going to find all the Felons that will be affected by this order, and tell them they now must give up their guns :rolleyes:😂:ROFLMAO:😂
You as a great professor should take center stage in this fight and do your part 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #23  
I never thought I’d live in a country where our g____ment would take the side of criminals while over-regulating those who live according to the law, but I do.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #24  
I won’t personally attack you, but let me ask you this: What good does it do to disarm legal gun owners so they have NO protection from gun wielding lawless criminals who will kill you for your shoes?
Do you understand that criminals don’t care about some idiot declaring guns to be illegal and only law abiding people will comply?
Your comment makes some very broad assumptions about the individuals that own guns legally, and those that don't.

Let me rephrase the same question to you. If gun laws only hinder the rights of law-abiding citizens and leave them unprotected, why is there a clear inverse correlation between the strictness of state gun laws and gun violence? (i.e., states with strict gun laws have much lower rates of gun violence, and vice versa).

(Edited due to a typo)

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #25  
Your comment makes some very broad assumptions about the individuals that own guns legally, and those that don't.

Let me rephrase the same question to you. If gun laws only hinder the rights of criminals and leave law-abiding citizens unprotected, why is there a clear inverse correlation between the strictness of state gun laws and gun violence? (i.e., states with strict gun laws have much lower rates of gun violence, and vice versa).
The correlation is that lawless people commmit the "gun violence", because they know in those states everyone is an easier target.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #26  
I won’t personally attack you, but let me ask you this: What good does it do to disarm legal gun owners so they have NO protection from gun wielding lawless criminals who will kill you for your shoes?
Do you understand that criminals don’t care about some idiot declaring guns to be illegal and only law abiding people will comply?
His type can't understand that logic. It's too simple ! 😂

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #27  
Look at the failures of the “no gun zone” signs. People get mowed down in them all over the country.
Theres a big difference between strict gun laws and banning guns altogether. I got no problem with strict gun laws, but this college grad wants to BAN guns.

Big difference mr professor….or should I call you “doctor”?

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #28  

Let me rephrase the same question to you. If gun laws only hinder the rights of criminals and leave law-abiding citizens unprotected, why is there a clear inverse correlation between the strictness of state gun laws and gun violence? (i.e., states with strict gun laws have much lower rates of gun violence, and vice versa).

Maine has minimal firearms laws and minimal rates of gun crimes, because you also need to take into account population density as well as a number of other factors.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #29  

Let me rephrase the same question to you. If gun laws only hinder the rights of law-abiding citizens and leave them unprotected, why is there a clear inverse correlation between the strictness of state gun laws and gun violence? (i.e., states with strict gun laws have much lower rates of gun violence, and vice versa).

(Edited due to a typo)
You say you are a professor, You use the term ''gun violence'' and don't understand an inanimate object can't commit violence ?
That statement in and of it's self should tell everyone your level of intelligence. 😂 😂

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #30  
The correlation is that lawless people commmit the "gun violence", because they know in those states everyone is an easier target.
If that were the case, then states with strict gun laws would have high amounts of violence, and states with lax gun laws would have low amounts because of the deterrent due to prevalent gun ownership.

The fact is that is not the case. It is the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.