New McCormick X1.45 won't start

/ New McCormick X1.45 won't start #11  
I hate to hear that about your dealer. Seems to be the norm nowadays. As long as you can get financed for the floorplan just about anybody can become a dealer, unfortunately. They are not that rare. Just a Branson 4520R with McCormick branding and probably McCormicks own loader instead of the Ansung unit used on the Branson. Overall, it is the best tractor you can get in this size in the US, although I may be a little biased after dealing with Branson for 15 years;). Just enjoy using it. Odds are your experience with other brands of dealers would be comparable. I try to keep an eye on this forum, so post whatever questions you have and I will try to answer them. PM me if you want my email address. That gets checked multiple times a day.

/ New McCormick X1.45 won't start #12  
I hate to hear that about your dealer. Seems to be the norm nowadays. As long as you can get financed for the floorplan just about anybody can become a dealer, unfortunately. They are not that rare. Just a Branson 4520R with McCormick branding and probably McCormicks own loader instead of the Ansung unit used on the Branson. Overall, it is the best tractor you can get in this size in the US, although I may be a little biased after dealing with Branson for 15 years;). Just enjoy using it. Odds are your experience with other brands of dealers would be comparable. I try to keep an eye on this forum, so post whatever questions you have and I will try to answer them. PM me if you want my email address. That gets checked multiple times a day.

After a lot of research, I decided a wanted a McCormick X145. The dealership is close. I stopped by and they had 4, X135s but no 45s. I salesman was nice but I could tell early on that I knew more about the tractor than he did. I told him I wanted the 45 but all he wanted to do was sell me something they already had. Told me the 45 had the same engine, which I told him it did not. I know they have the same lift capacity but 35 has 3cyl and 45 has 4cyl.

He then told me they have problems bringing in another 45's from different dealerships and alluded that he didn't want to go into the details of it. Then told me they no longer made the 45. I told him that was not correct and then he said it was the cab version they didn't make. I told him I don't want a cab. I asked why don't you just order me a new one. To make matters worse, the second time we went to start a 35 for a test drive, it would not turn over. Took several minutes and seemed to be short in the safety switch.

I had to leave and he was supposed to get me a price on a new tractor and he really wanted to buy my skid steer. Was supposed to call me the next day and I have never heard from him. I guess I'm going to have to go farther out and get a Branson. I do like the McCormick colors better and the iconic name. I have thought seriously about calling the owner, not to complain, but let him know he lost a sale. I guess its for the best because I realized the 45 does not come with hydro unless you get a cab model. I think I would like the hydro.