NEW LX3310

/ NEW LX3310 #1  

RichardMeyer

Tractor
Kubota/L5030 w/cab Kubota GR2100 Kubota LX3310 w/cab
I finally had a new lx3310 delivered today after waiting since August when I ordered it. I purchased the tractor, loader, back blade, 60" mid mount mower and front mounted snowblower. It will replace a Kubota GR2100 and a L5030. Im hoping that this will be the ideal size of still being able to maintain property while providing a decent mowing of the lawn. After putting a couple hours on it im worried these r14s are going to be tough on the lawn. If they turn out to tear up the lawn too much I will just get the wife a cheaper Kubota zero turn for the lawn. So far I've been really pleased with the tractor and the cab. Its obviously not as big as my grand L was but its cab is nicer than my old Grand L was.
I purchased the tractor with 3rd function hydraulics and two rear remotes. I didn't get the swift tach or the mechanical self leveling because I think they are just gimmicks. This loader attaches the same as my previous tractor and only takes a couple of minutes to take on and off.
So far the fit and finish is exactly what you expect from Kubota and my dealer Ginops in Michigan is always there when you need them.
As soon as we get some deep snow I will update everyone.

/ NEW LX3310 #2  
Good luck! Sounds like a nice machine.

I really want to get a L3901 one of these days.

/ NEW LX3310 #3  
My biggest mistake was wasting money on a MMM and a bagger on my first tractor (B2601) because I thought I was going to mow with it. There is no comparison between a compact tractor and a zero turn mower. You will save hours mowing with a zero turn. Lots of lost dollars later trading stuff in , I have a descent used zero turn and little bit bigger compact tractor (B2650) with R14s...hindsight is 20/20 but I wish I would have done this from the get go

Last edited:
   / NEW LX3310 #4  
I finally had a new lx3310 delivered today after waiting since August when I ordered it. I purchased the tractor, loader, back blade, 60" mid mount mower and front mounted snowblower. It will replace a Kubota GR2100 and a L5030. Im hoping that this will be the ideal size of still being able to maintain property while providing a decent mowing of the lawn. After putting a couple hours on it im worried these r14s are going to be tough on the lawn. If they turn out to tear up the lawn too much I will just get the wife a cheaper Kubota zero turn for the lawn. So far I've been really pleased with the tractor and the cab. Its obviously not as big as my grand L was but its cab is nicer than my old Grand L was.
I purchased the tractor with 3rd function hydraulics and two rear remotes. I didn't get the swift tach or the mechanical self leveling because I think they are just gimmicks. This loader attaches the same as my previous tractor and only takes a couple of minutes to take on and off.
So far the fit and finish is exactly what you expect from Kubota and my dealer Ginops in Michigan is always there when you need them.
As soon as we get some deep snow I will update everyone.

You will likely appreciate the R-14Ts when the snow comes. Hopefully you bought the standard size so that you can use tire chains if needed.

Mowing with FWA disengaged will minimize turf damage.

SDT

/ NEW LX3310 #5  
My biggest mistake was wasting money on a MMM and a bagger on my first tractor (B2601) because I thought I was going to mow with it. There is no comparison between a compact tractor and a zero turn mower. You will save hours mowing with a zero turn. Lots of lost dollars later trading stuff in , I have a descent used zero turn and little bit bigger compact tractor (B2650) with R14s...hindsight is 20/20 but I wish I would have done this from the get go

Funny how opinions differ. I'm quite happy with the cut quality of my B2620 with R4 tires. And it doesn't damage my turf at all. I also like having one power unit to service and maintain over two. Gotta say though, a zero turn would be even faster to mow my lawns because it would zip around all my trees one shot instead of having to back up with the tractor.

/ NEW LX3310 #6  
After doing lawn care service for many years, zero turns are overrated.

I certainly would not own one.

With that being said, I do and don't like MMMs. They save space, but the hassle of taking them on and off is a chore. They give a mediocre cut.

I prefer rear finish mowers with a rear discharge with a high blade speed. Plus you can get under trees and under other stuff.

/ NEW LX3310 #7  
After doing lawn care service for many years, zero turns are overrated.

I certainly would not own one.
Must be why so many lawn care services and home owners use them, they are overated

/ NEW LX3310 #8  
What kind of mower did you use if not a zt . A push mower i guess.

/ NEW LX3310 #9  
I used a Ferris zero turn and a Gravely in that job. Yes, they are fast, but they don't cut that great when you go fast and tear up the lawn when you turn. Especially evident around trees and shrubs. You get the "rings" around them.

One of the brilliant tricks the old man that ran the business had was he told us to go as fast as we can on the jobs that paid each time we came out. For folks that don't understand this, this means that we'll need to come out more often to mow, which means more $$ to the company. He was certainly right, I think the grass simply got matted down each time we "mowed".

/ NEW LX3310 #10  
My 60" works well with my LX2610 and turf tires. I have used ZT's and didn't care for steering arms. Had a smaller JD MMM and was happy to get rid of it for the Kubota. Sounds like you got a nice package and you should get great service out of it.

Last edited: