New Load Trailer

/ New Load Trailer #21  
Hey Darin, funny... I was just thinking about this trailer order of yours the other day because I'm looking at getting a new trailer myself.

Was really wondering about the tilt trailers vs. a standard GN+Dovetail. Let us know how the upgrade turns out.

I'm looking at Big Tex or PJ 14K 20+5 GN tandem single axe dovetail.

/ New Load Trailer #22  
Im quite impressed with that trailer! its even gooseneck. I cant find a lot of trailers like that around here. questions for you. How much does it weigh? What was the approx. cost?

and also do you think it could ever feasibly haul a car? nothing very low to the ground as far as the car goes, but I used to drive a international roll back wrecker. It tilted farther than that of course but that trailer looks perfect for equipment or cars/ light trucks. I would like something just like that because I could use it to haul my farm tractors/ a bobcat and then turn around and use it to haul a car or a truck.

/ New Load Trailer #23  
That is a very nice trailer...
Exactly the size and set up that I would go with...
Keep us updated on your experience with it...
I have trailer envy...

/ New Load Trailer #24  
Just before the end of the year I got a great deal on a Big Tex 14TL, 22' bumper pull and so far very happy. The paint on the underside is a bit thin and sporadic but an hour with my old gravity gun and some Tractor Supply paint with hardener and catalyst will fix that. I would have considered PJ or Load Trail but couldn't find a dealer with any stock within 200 miles of North Alabama. The Big Tex dealer was 20 miles away in Fayetteville, TN and real nice folks. PJ makes a big deal on their powder coating but they charge a premium. There are some folks that say they haven't had the best luck with the PJ surface prep so that makes touch up much tougher than enamel. Every trailer gets dings and nicks and after a few years very few are beauty queens. I can buy a lot of paint for the upcharge. The PJ has Torflex axles and the Big Tex is a spring trailer. I've got Torflex axles on another trailer and they are very nice but I can swap a bad spring axle a whole lot easier. That is a personal choice but don't know that it really makes a big difference. Welds look good and the steel sizing looks right to my eyes. I'll probably tweak the wiring this summer as I don't think there is builder that doesn't use Scotchlocs and instead solders and heat shrinks all the connections. I'm a bit OCD on that but then I KNOW my lights and brakes work!

Having lived with fold up ramps and dovetails for 20 years the tilt deck is absolute heaven! Bada bing, bada boom, and you are loaded. My back is very happy with the new trailer. Tows well behind my '02 F250 7.3 and the brakes are like throwing out an anchor if you have the gain cranked up. Not the lightest trailer but then you have double the iron in the side frames for the tilt. It is overkill for my 3240HST Kubota with a loader and 6' bush hog but everything fits and balances well. I know I have load behind me but for then I'm hauling a tractor...duh.

/ New Load Trailer #25  
Darin, we all await your replies! :D

Actually, I really am interested to hear from you as I am looking at a PJ tilt. Looks similar to yours here. Trying to decide between that or a PJ deckover with single tandems.

/ New Load Trailer
Trailer is back I am not impressed with the support from load trail.

The guys at the trailer guy were great and made all the difference.

The latch system is not as strong as some of the other brands. I wish I had been able to see the various ones out there before I pulled the trigger. The big tex looks the strongest abut the pj looks good too.

They beefed it up and added some additional latches.

D.

/ New Load Trailer #27  
You will like those 17.5s. They are the best way to go on heavy trailers. I have them on my trailer I use to haul my skid steers and they are great. No more blow out worries from being loaded to near capacity.

/ New Load Trailer #28  
Trailer is back I am not impressed with the support from load trail.

The guys at the trailer guy were great and made all the difference.

The latch system is not as strong as some of the other brands. I wish I had been able to see the various ones out there before I pulled the trigger. The big tex looks the strongest abut the pj looks good too.

D.

Glad they got it take care of.

I just bought a 25+5 Big Tex deck over tandem dual. Almost went with the tilt, but decided against it.

/ New Load Trailer
Good call. If I had to do it over it would have probably gone the same route.

D.

/ New Load Trailer #30  

D.

Kaufman Equipment Trailers for Sale by Kaufman Trailers uses two 2 pin type connections, one on each side. I think it's a 2" cylinder with a d-ring welded on the end. I haven't measured it and I don't have my trailer here so I'm not positive on the size. It's very easy to latch and unlatch the tilt deck. You can kind of see it on the blue trailer in this picture.

FDWT 07.jpg