New Horse Shiner

/ New Horse Shiner #11  
doc, thanks for the info. As you can tell, I get the palomino and buckskin mixed up. Our first horse, the one we had to put down this past summer, was a palomino mare. Beautiful animals, beautiful color. About the only breed I'm not all that fond of is the appaloosa. I just can't get used to the tail /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Fortunately, our leopard appaloosa has a 'regular' tail, so he's OK. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New Horse Shiner
Mark,
You may know this but just FYI. Any breed can have any color of horse. This horse for example is AQHA, but they also have palomino's in other breeds as well. Now you can double register horses as well. Like there is a palomino association, but it's not a breed. You can register the horse there and compete in their shows. The AQHA is a blood thing whereas the palomino association is merely for color. They don't keep track of the horses records and such but just color. It gets very confusing I know.

/ New Horse Shiner #13  
Cowboydoc-Do you make it to the Congress each October?

/ New Horse Shiner #14  
Boy Doc that's alot of good looking horse. Have fun and keep us updated!!! By the way being a none horse person I first thought maybe it was a horse wash!!!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Take care,

/ New Horse Shiner #15  
Alan,
<font color=blue>thought maybe it was a horse wash</font color=blue>/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm like you but, I thought Doc got kicked in the eye/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif
Al

/ New Horse Shiner #16  
cowboydoc
Add me to the is it a wash or did he get kicked/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Good looking horse, but your pic is about as close to I've been to one. Out of curiosity, what is the surface he's standing on? Something special for arena?
regards
Mutt

/ New Horse Shiner
Bobin,
I'm not a big show person, mostly rodeo. They did start a class this year though in Versatility Ranch. After I finish with this horse in reining I'm going to start him in that class and probably do some of the roping as well. I hope to make it there with him in a few years after his NRHA career is over. That's where the money is really at on these horses. If you can make a name for them there, and this horse already has one, you can do really well with them as a sire.

/ New Horse Shiner
Al,
Not sure what you mean by a horse wash? You mean the facility where the pics are taken? That is just a full panel roundpen. The surface was a very small pebble surface that actually worked really well for riding on. I'd never seen it before but it seemed to work fine for riding on. The place where the pics are taken is with the trainer that was working with the horse before I bougth him when he was at the university for the vet testing before I bought him.