New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams

/ New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams #1  

Harry in Ky

Veteran Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers ED 40
I'm hoping someone out there may have a book or CD of the wiring diagrams. Primarily interested in the three wires on the alternator. It has three posts. One large one is battery positive output, one small one I believe might be the tach output signal. The third post is slightly smaller than the battery post, and this circuit is draining the battery when the engine is off. Removing the wire from the post eliminates the draw. At first I thought it was an alternator internal problem, but I'm not familiar with this style alternator and don't understand how that could be an exciter wire if the key is off and the engine is not running. Without any diagrams I'm sort of stuck here. Replacing the alternator as an experiment is not a good plan as NH wants $600 plus for a new one, and the aftermarket supply is seemingly non existent.

If someone can tell me where that wire originates and how it ties into the system it would be most helpful.

/ New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams #2  
More than likely it's just going to be wired like a standard 3 wire alternator. 12v battery, 12v ignition and charging light.

Can you trace that one of the two smaller wires back to the ignition switch? It should be a switched 12v source there or at a relay.

/ New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams
If I could trace the wires I wouldn't be looking for a diagram. If it were a "standard three wire" set up it wouldn't be creating a draw through a switched circuit with switch off unless there's something else in the mix.

/ New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams #4  
Might be a voltage regulator on the other end of that third wire. In any case, I'd be doing a conversion to a GM alternator if that's where the trouble is. You can get those for $60-70.

Here's mine on the Ford.

Alternator.jpg

/ New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams #5  
If I could trace the wires I wouldn't be looking for a diagram. If it were a "standard three wire" set up it wouldn't be creating a draw through a switched circuit with switch off unless there's something else in the mix.
You could look at a parts breakdown for a voltage regulator. Then find what it looks like and go from there.

/ New Holland TT60A wiring diagrams
It's internally regulated. Parts list is no help in this case. Already ben there multiple times before posting questions.