New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #11  
How old is the battery in the tractor? Have you load tested the battery to see if it'll put out the amps needed? even the cheap HF carbon pile load testers will give you a decent view of the output capability. wet cell or sealed battery? If wet, hydrometer tested each cell? topped off electrolyte? Are you bench testing with the same battery as in the tractor? What kind of amps are you pulling when trying to start in the tractor? On the bench? Do you have a good spare battery you can try in the tractor? (even if your just temporarily using jumper cables with the battery from your bench test -- eliminate the existing tractor battery from the equation) Jumping from another vehicle through a bad battery isn't enough, since a shorted cell can take all the input juice. If your wires are good/clean connections/tight and the starter works with a different battery, you could have warped plates/internal short in the battery. I've gone through 5 batteries, an alternator and 3 starters in different vehicles after flooding drained batteries or shorted starter windings/solenoids & froze up the bearings on an alternator after Ian. Assuming all worked fine before your son left the key on, I'd bet the battery is shot.

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #12  
I checked the clutch switch. It checked good with my meter. I even tried shorting the starter terminals, the starter engaged and spun with plenty of power.

That is my starter. I have " jumpered" it. The solenoid engages but doesn't spin the engine
In your opening post you stated it spun with plenty of power but now it just clicks. Was the starter on the bench when it spun with plenty of power?

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over
Thanks for the replies.
The first time I jumpered the starter was on the tractor. It did spin good that one time. After having repaired the other issues in the starting circuit, it will not turn the engine over.
I do not have the equipment needed to load test the tractor battery. It is a wet cell battery. I did check the fluid levels in the battery. But I have not tested it with a hydrometer. I bench tested the starter with a different battery.

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #14  
Try disconnecting the existing tractor battery & running your bench test battery either in its place or via jumper cables to the tractor cables. (put a rag or plastic sheet under the positive so any movement doesn't give you a major short) If she starts, your tractor battery is shot. Don't know what all you disconnected in the wiring, but that would be the next area to check if the new (proven) battery won't kick her over at the key.

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #15  
Just because a battery is charged does not mean it carries a load. Load test the battery. When you know the battery is good, you can find the problem. If you don't know if battery is good, you can replace 50 things and it still won't crank over. I've seen the ends of cables crystallized and cause this very problem. I don't think your son caused the problem, he just helped it show up sooner.

I am not advising you do my reckless activities. I love them old metal clothes hangers. I straighten one and leave 4" straight and wrap the rest around a 1/2" rod, leaving 4" on other end. Add two vise grips, and I gots me a loading tester. I have had one battery blow up in my life, but it was not from the load tester, It was from a charger. So if you have a home made toaster coil and a voltmeter, you have a load tester. Your meter will still read voltage with the coil connected to both terminals. When you have battery charged and connect coil, it should glow red and light up the darkest night so you can read a newspaper. It should hold voltage and slowly creep down to 12. If it kinda glows and voltage drops quickly, not good. Some seemingly good batteries will drop to 6 v right after connecting the apparatus, not good. I could do a whole write up on saving batteries, so I will, just don't have the time right now.

I had a battery that I put in a tractor at a farm. The owner knew that battery had been laying in the pasture over four years. My little method does work.

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #16  
Another easy check of the battery condition ... open the fill caps & hook up your charger at 40 amps or so. Look inside the cells & see if one of them is bubbling more than the others. All will bubble slightly, but if one is boiling & the rest are releasing Don Ho bubbles, the boiler is your bad cell ... replace the battery.

Thanks for all the replies. Great advice indeed. I especially love the homemade load tester.
I will test the battery soon and let you know what I discover.

I know it's been a while. But here's the latest.
I took the battery and had it checked. It is good. I had the starter rebuilt, so it is good
I also replaced the battery terminal.
She now cranks, well, she turns over. Now I can't get her to fire.
I disconnected each injector 1 at a time and used the primer pump to ensure I have fuel to each injector. She still won't start. If I spray a small amount of starter fluid she starts right up but only for a second. I even had my son-in-law pump the primer while I tried to start it. No luck.
Any suggestions?

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #19  
Consult a pump shop. Make sure you get the pump numbers and have them handy when you call.

/ New Holland TS125a Won't Turn Over #20  
Some how you have gotten quite the can of worms on that NH.
It sounds like your fuel shutoff solenoid isn't working properly now.