New Holland TC45D opinions?

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #1  

Lucky Dog

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 65
Looking at a New Holland TC45D tractor and was wondering what your opinions of that model are?
Any problems?
Anything to look for?

It has a hydrostatic drive, 4 wd, 16LA loader, two remotes in the rear, 2400 ish hours.
Looks to be in nice condition, I have not started and driven it yet.

Opinions?

I'm trying to improve upon my 1959 Massey Ferguson 65. Mostly use it for snow removal (blower) and light occasional brush hogging.

Thanks

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #2  
I've had three tractors with the Shibaura engine in them, which is what the TC45d has, and they are stellar engines.
For what you are wanting to do, that tractor would be outstanding. Also Shibaura is a good cold starting engine; start right up with minimal glowing. I wouldn't be afraid of that tractor at all. Lots of life left in it if it was cared for.

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #3  
Lots of old threads about them and lots to learn . I bought a 04 tc45 a year ago and researched the **** out of them . The d's are older than the da's . D's have very thick fiberglass sheet metal. DA's went to plastic and were prone to cracking by the fenders. D's have a screened vent on top of the hood better looking head lights, DA's moved the battery location. Tc45d's have no mid pto TC40d's do,TC45da' do.

If you are really interested defiantly do the research. Mine is a cream puff everyone thinks it's a brand-new tractor runs great. No electronics. no pollution crap. 🍻

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #4  
I had a TC40D and a TC40DA. Both had SuperSteer and the 17LA loader. I really liked the tractor. It took a while to get used to the Supersteer axle but that turning radius was phenominal, even in 4 wheel drive. The 4 cylinder engine was quieter than the Yanmar in my John Deere. About the only reason I went back to a Deere is that I wanted a little more hydraulic pump performance. The loader lifting capability was less than optimal in my opinion although I think the 17LA loader, which was longer to compensate for the Supersteer axle, was a factor.

If I found one with low hours and in nice condition I might be tempted to go blue just to have another tractor.

/ New Holland TC45D opinions?
Thanks for the replies.
Just to close the loop, the tractor sold before I could conclude my in depth, detailed, time consuming analysis. Story of my life.

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #6  
Also Shibaura is a good cold starting engine; start right up with minimal glowing. I
So far I can also attest to this. 1/2 a engine rev and the thing is fireing on all cyl. Mean while my older kubota needs to be glowed at 90*f.

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #7  
Lots of life left in it if it was cared for.
Key phrase there. If it was cared for. That in itself can be a crapshoot as most used tractors don't come with maintenance records and a lot don't even come with the owners manuals (for what reason I don't have a clue about). No regular maintenance can destroy a tractor in just a couple hundred hours.

When I buy a piece of equipment, I expect at least the owners manual to come with it and some semblance of a service record.

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #8  
Thanks for the replies.
Just to close the loop, the tractor sold before I could conclude my in depth, detailed, time consuming analysis. Story of my life.

Ahh that stinks, yeah if it was a good deal I could see it selling in just a few hours or less.

I have a 2000 TC45D and it's been a great tractor... I purchased it with around 2400 hours and it has around 2600 now, runs excellent

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #9  
I hate to say it but in this used market you almost need to already know what you want, hunt every day and go get it as soon as it is listed. It is the only way you're getting a good deal. Do your research and make your short list and have cash on hand to put down a deposit or buy it out right.

I tried the used market and it was crazy how fast things sold, it isn't going to get better either for a little while anyways.

/ New Holland TC45D opinions? #10  
Thanks for the replies.
Keep looking. If you can find a TC55 in good shape check it out also. A little bigger and stronger version of the 45. I have a TC40 and a friend of mine has the TC55. It is a really nice tractor.