New Holland 7308 loader problem

/ New Holland 7308 loader problem #1  

racer86y

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L2800
All of a sudden my loader started leaking down under load.I had the bucket cylinders rebuilt and took control valve apart but there is really nothing there but 2 spools and i guess relief valve.The back part of my tractor works great.The back will haul the brush hog in the air all day.But the curling of the bucket doesn't.It will just start dropping quickly.The arms work great.They will stay up no matter what.Evidently the pump is not the issue.It was a hydraulic repair shop that rebuilt cylinders but that really doesn't mean anything.Anyone else ever had this issue or knows whats wrong with it?:confused2:

/ New Holland 7308 loader problem #2  
Curl the bucket and disconnect the curl hydraulic lines at the QDs.....if you have QDs. Otherwise you will need caps. Then see if it still drifts. That will point to the valve or cylinders.

Btw- if you use caps be sure to use a ratchet strap or chain to hold the bucket while the lines are open/un-capped.

/ New Holland 7308 loader problem
I have qd's.So if it still falls uncurls then its the bucket cylinders?

It seams goofy because when i pulled only qd's for bucket it uncurled quickly but when i pulled all 4 qd's it stayed all night perfect.So what would that mean?Control valve?

If relief valve was bad wouldn't the boom and bucket drop?

/ New Holland 7308 loader problem #8  
Not to insult your knowledge but I doubt that you pulled the correct QD,s for the bucket. Trace both hoses from the curl cylinder back to the valve. If they are both pulled and the bucket doesn稚 dump then it would point towards the directional valve leaking. This can be caused by the valve not centering properly or a scored spool and body.

Not to insult your knowledge but I doubt that you pulled the correct QD,s for the bucket. Trace both hoses from the curl cylinder back to the valve. If they are both pulled and the bucket doesn稚 dump then it would point towards the directional valve leaking. This can be caused by the valve not centering properly or a scored spool and body.

I traced the lines a long time ago.Bucket lines are the 2 on the right and boom lines are 2 on the left.Control valve is 800 bucks so i wanna make sure thats what it is before i throw that much at it.I bought another control valve for it and it did the same thing.Would the relief valve cause the bucket to uncurl and boom to stay?The control valve was not new either,it was 200 bucks.I took it off and sold it and put original one back on

/ New Holland 7308 loader problem #10  
Racer
The main system relief would not allow the loader to drift with the spool in the spring center position. The spool would isolate the relief from the relief.

With both hoses disconnected there is No path for the oil to get to the valve so that is why I questioned both hoses being disconnected.

Have you tried swapping the lift lower hoses to the curl dump to see if the lift lower now holds or drifts & curl dump to lift to see if it holds position

Last edited: