New here New 3620

/ New here New 3620 #22  
Yes indeed that is a nice looking tractor!

I'll chime in here as several Branson model owners are in this thread who just might comment for me.

Some background-I now own my 2nd Kioti tractor and like the brand OK but also getting Branson interested. Mostly I'm changing tractors to gain FEL capacity and some shine in my old age.
For comparisons sake, if I stay with Kioti I'll likely buy a new DK4510 shuttle -when one comes into the dealer I have in mind.

I spent some time on Bransons ( indeed crappy!) website yesterday and came away with a note page listing these models: 4815R, 4215R, 3620R, 4820R.
Based on the mfg.'s website there's about 600+lbs difference in a 15 series vs. a 20 series in those I've listed.
Width is less than 2" difference. Tire sizes vary in these 4 models-24", 26", 28" rears.
These two 15 models have same BL150 FEL's, the two 20 models share the same BL200 FEL's. There's ~ 200lbs difference between the two loaders.
Two are 3cyl, other two are 4 cyl with the higher hp numbers both being 4cyl/139ci engines.

Only pricing I've done is on FB Marketplace, not called any dealers as yet. I don't have an ag tax exemption so would like to find a deal thats no sale tax and cash discounted price. With Kioti I have dealers in OH, WV & TN where I can buy w/o sales tax. I'm not interested in a tax discussion, just making my point.

If I had to chose a Branson model on paper right now it would be the 3620 as it gets me more weight, stronger loader and a 4 cyl engine that should do my work.
My current Kioti DK35SE is similar power 3cyl (mine has 38hp & higher torque than many other tractors with same size engine) but lacks the FEL capacity I'd like for lifting logs. I'm located in eastern KY and will travel for a tractor within ~ one way distance of 1,000k.
Thanks!

/ New here New 3620 #23  
Yes indeed that is a nice looking tractor!

I'll chime in here as several Branson model owners are in this thread who just might comment for me.

Some background-I now own my 2nd Kioti tractor and like the brand OK but also getting Branson interested. Mostly I'm changing tractors to gain FEL capacity and some shine in my old age.
For comparisons sake, if I stay with Kioti I'll likely buy a new DK4510 shuttle -when one comes into the dealer I have in mind.

I spent some time on Bransons ( indeed crappy!) website yesterday and came away with a note page listing these models: 4815R, 4215R, 3620R, 4820R.
Based on the mfg.'s website there's about 600+lbs difference in a 15 series vs. a 20 series in those I've listed.
Width is less than 2" difference. Tire sizes vary in these 4 models-24", 26", 28" rears.
These two 15 models have same BL150 FEL's, the two 20 models share the same BL200 FEL's. There's ~ 200lbs difference between the two loaders.
Two are 3cyl, other two are 4 cyl with the higher hp numbers both being 4cyl/139ci engines.

Only pricing I've done is on FB Marketplace, not called any dealers as yet. I don't have an ag tax exemption so would like to find a deal thats no sale tax and cash discounted price. With Kioti I have dealers in OH, WV & TN where I can buy w/o sales tax. I'm not interested in a tax discussion, just making my point.

If I had to chose a Branson model on paper right now it would be the 3620 as it gets me more weight, stronger loader and a 4 cyl engine that should do my work.
My current Kioti DK35SE is similar power 3cyl (mine has 38hp & higher torque than many other tractors with same size engine) but lacks the FEL capacity I'd like for lifting logs. I'm located in eastern KY and will travel for a tractor within ~ one way distance of 1,000k.
Thanks!

kantuckid, being that your primary needs are basically lifting stuff, I would definitely go with the 20 Series. That extra weight versus the 15 series will help a lot.

Another advantage over the 15 series, is that the new 20 series (3620, 4820 and 5520) use a 4 ranges, fully synchronized with helical cut gears, which make it a very quiet. The 15 series has a 3 range, non synchronized with straight cut gears.

If I remember correctly, the BL150 lifts 2100 lbs and the BL200 lifts 2700 lbs, but I may be wrong.

To get specs for Branson tractors, you're better off using some dealers websites like Keno Tractors or Daves tractors. The Branson US website is terrible and the Global one isn't great either. It hasn't been updated in 2 or 3 years.

To me, a major major advantage of the Branson tractors is the fact that they use as little electronics as possible. Most of the electronics is actually part of the emissions system, like the data logger and that can disappear of you know what I mean. This means that Branson tractors can be easily worked on by mechanically inclined people.

/ New here New 3620 #24  
FEL #'s I read are BL150C= 2,525 lift & weighs 998lbs; BL200= 2,701 lift & weighs 1,075 lbs
Not having talked to any dealers on Branson the number that bothers me most is the $$$ prices I see posted online are higher than a comparable Kioti- which I have called around on.
ptsg- could you send some wine with your posts? Also clue we USA/gringos in as to if your an ex-pat, native or whatever- over there in Portugal?:)

/ New here New 3620 #25  
FEL #'s I read are BL150C= 2,525 lift & weighs 998lbs; BL200= 2,701 lift & weighs 1,075 lbs
Not having talked to any dealers on Branson the number that bothers me most is the $$$ prices I see posted online are higher than a comparable Kioti- which I have called around on.
ptsg- could you send some wine with your posts? Also clue we USA/gringos in as to if your an ex-pat, native or whatever- over there in Portugal?:)
So do you like our wine? We do have some of the best wines in the world, although, they do a really poor job advertising it. For the most part, only wine connoisseurs know about our wines.

I'm 110% Portuguese. :)

/ New here New 3620 #26  
So do you like our wine? We do have some of the best wines in the world, although, they do a really poor job advertising it. For the most part, only wine connoisseurs know about our wines.

I'm 110% Portuguese. :)
"Only wine connoisseurs",...... and those of us who lived on the Iberian peninsular during our US military service years.

/ New here New 3620 #27  
"Only wine connoisseurs",...... and those of us who lived on the Iberian peninsular during our US military service years.
That's why I added the "for the most part". Yes, I'm sure a lot more people know about our wines. Our beer is also great.

There is an huge Portuguese community in Canada and they bring a lot of Portuguese products there.

/ New here New 3620 #28  
That's why I added the "for the most part". Yes, I'm sure a lot more people know about our wines. Our beer is also great.

There is an huge Portuguese community in Canada and they bring a lot of Portuguese products there.
Provincetown, MA., Gloucester, MA., and New Bedford, MA. are old Portuguese (from Azores) fishing communities in the USA.
Hard working, good people, and the best fresh baked bread in the USA!

Last edited:
   / New here New 3620 #29  
My current Kioti DK35SE is similar power 3cyl (mine has 38hp & higher torque than many other tractors with same size engine) but lacks the FEL capacity I'd like for lifting logs.

The 3620 uses a 1.8L triple. The larger HP engines in the 15 and 20 series are 4 cylinders. Looks like they dropped the turbo triple in the 15 series. The fours use dual counterbalancers so they're smooth.

I agree with the recommendation for a 20 series if you're going to lift logs significant size. My 4 year old 3725 has a 2300lb loader and I have exceeded its capacity a number of times picking up logs. Even with loaded rear tires and a 550lb box blade I can get the rear tires to bounce if I am clumsy with the loader and jerk around a big log.

/ New here New 3620 #30  
Provincetown, MA., Gloucester, MA., and New Bedford, MA. are old Portuguese (from Azores) fishing communities in the USA.
Hard working, good people, and the best fresh baked bread in the USA!
I was just being conversational.
We have had a Portuguese guy from MA near me for many years- his kids now run the place called Miguel's Pizza which caters to the rock climbing crowd from all over, plus locals. He has a CG out back where the climbers setup tents. I had two of his kids in school when I was a principal. I like Hungarian wines too- not ones that get much attention either. Honestly I don't know Portuguese wines but I do make my own for many years now.
On FB Branson group there are LOTS! of critical posts about Branson dealers and parts supply. Par for the course lately...