Buying Advice New Deutz Fahr tractors

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #11  
Rambo33, I have operated 3 shades of green. JD, Fendt and Deutz Farr.
JD and Fendt are intuitve to operate while the Deutz is different logic.

Dan28040 does not say if he is a full time farmer or not but if he wants to put multiple operators on it then the computer everything models would be a poor option, how ever in New Zealand there is a modest market for Deutz on dairy farms which is a good indicator that there is a basic model which would probably suit his needs best.
A good(?) point for Deutz is how cheap used parts are. There is very little used market for Deutz. My boss runs 2 Deutz (160 and 200hp)tractors so he would know.
Sorry, but i wasn't questioning your view, your experience, your opinion or whatever you want to call it. He asked for an honest opinion on Deutz tractors, I OWN 1, i have a number of friends that own them. Im also thinking of upgrading MY John Deere so ive done alot of research on what Deutz currently offer so Im here giving my honest opinion. If he's looking for something with over 120hp I'll be sure not to give opinion, but if he's looking under that I'll give it since I OWN one.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #12  
Well, I just bought one. :D A 4070E. Not sure what they're marketed as down under, but in the states it is the smallest of the 4E series. It is an impressive machine. Will be arriving at my door next week.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #13  
Hey Lawyer, how's the new tractor going? Checked out some of the specs on it, yours has a newer engine to mine, more environmentally friendly from what I can gather. Which gear box did you get?

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #14  
Hi Rambo - I love it - no regrets! I have about 10 hours on the DF so far...building up and moving slash piles, dragging trees and logs, and some rotary cutting. It's a very well-built machine and thoughtfully laid out for operation as well as maintenance. I got the 8x8 gear box, which should work fine for all my uses.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #15  
just about to take possession of an agrolux 4.80 e. 3 x 5 gearing natural aspirated 4 liter. redman is on the money about literature being scarce, anyone got a manual of anything similar, just really looking for a lube schedule?

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #16  

Go to D-F first, they will point you to a useful dealer.
I got literature mailed to me from a European source. There is an Italian tractor forum that is good... Translator needed, sorry, I don't have the link at present.

I'm presently in for extensive/expensive front axle repair on my SL&H /SDF tractor.

Parts from Europe have been brought in in less than 10 days. I'm impressed.

Spendy though! Glad I bought the tractor right. Sad I broke it.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #17  

Go to D-F first, they will point you to a useful dealer.
I got literature mailed to me from a European source. There is an Italian tractor forum that is good... Translator needed, sorry, I don't have the link at present.

I'm presently in for extensive/expensive front axle repair on my SL&H /SDF tractor.

Parts from Europe have been brought in in less than 10 days. I'm impressed.

Spendy though! Glad I bought the tractor right. Sad I broke it.
iam in australia so US dealerships are not much help, will try and find some italian forums, thanks for the tip,.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #18  
iam in australia so US dealerships are not much help, will try and find some italian forums, thanks for the tip,.
jeesem! Do you know how much searching it took to find that North American Reference?

You Auzzies should have no trouble finding a similar page. ;-)

Good on ya!

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #19  
jeesem! Do you know how much searching it took to find that North American Reference?

You Auzzies should have no trouble finding a similar page. ;-)

Good on ya!
we actually have a dealership not to far away (kioti and deutz fahr) and i drive past it on the way to work, only problem is its closed the times i drive by both morning and night. the joys of 10hour shifts.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #20  
The agent for Deutz / Kioti in Australia PGF replied to my web form request in under 2 hours and provided a link to download the full 249 page operator and maintenance manual for the tractor.
I would say that's pretty prompt service.