New Cimaf Excavator head

/ New Cimaf Excavator head #11  
To further comment on Robbie's explanation of the price tag of the DAH-080C, I would like to add:

• Hydraulic motor is a variable displacement axial piston motor. That's more expensive than a fixed displacement motor, and of course much more than a gear motor. But it gives better efficiency, allows rotor to recover faster, generate less heat and allows installation different kind of carriers without changing the motor.
  • Drive system uses a cogged belt (timing-type belt). That's more expensive than a V-belt, but it doesn't slip as easily. And its required tension is pretty slack compared to V-belt, saving on the life of the bearings.
  • And as said Robbie, whole frame is just industrial, heavy-duty type. We understand that on smaller excavators, there might be a bigger market for less-sturdy and more-affordable machines. But going that way would mean to reach for lowest possible cost in order to be able to compete with other big international manufacturers. And you know where that leads manufacturing operations (hints: Olympics will be held there this year).

So, again, there's no magic. If it costs more, it's either the company is taking too much profit, or the components costs more. I'd wish we were going first way, though. I could then get that 350Z or that Elise I dream of... :D

Fred