3-Point Hitch New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #21  
I just drained my JD303 spec hyd fluid out and installed transmission fluid.. I hope it will handle the heat a little better without thinning out.. I have been having problems with my hyd fluid thinning out while working the tractor hard in the extreme heat , creating very little flow to operate the loader, and the tractor it's self is very slow to respond

I think it will make it worse to be honest. ATF is usually 10W20 and I.m pretty sure the hydro/trans is thicker than that without researching it. It will be better in the cold weather for sure but not the heat. Although my YM14 runs J spec ATF fluid which is thinner again and it's fine in the hot weather. I guess all you can do is see what it does :2cents:

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up
don't sound like a whine to me.. sounds like something in the clutch area...A bearing maybe ? Adjustment ? If you can wait that long... I'll start mine up in the am, but I don't believe mine makes that noise.. from that vid, sounds like a grinding noise to me

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I went and grabbed a video this morning going through with range 2 and 3 and switching the powershift gears

Yanmar gear shift and driving - YouTube

It's in neutral - both range and powershift. Thanks

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #24  
I saw on a bucket or traveller Hydro fluid/trans fluid (from TSC) it said 10w20. Maybe it's measured different than other oils....kind of like gear oils..it's a different scale maybe?

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #25  
Fellow tiger fan I see :) I was like is this guy filming me? Your related videos I have done the top two that showed up there. Hahaha

To me it doesn't sound that bad. But I don't have anything to compare it to as I don't have a PS a D haven't driven one. But I they JD 855 (yanmar painted green) i have driven it seems to have that much or more wine in it.

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #26  
ok , your tractor whines more than mine. In the first vid you posted sitting there in neutral, and just letting the clutch out.. Mine doesn't make that loud noise at all

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #27  
Did you ever check your clutch adjustment?

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #29  
I did not. Where would I do that? Thanks

It's very difficult , so please pay close attention. Place you index finger on the clutch pedal and press downward and see if there is approximately 1/2", or really any "play" in the pedal before it hits resistance.

It's very difficult , so please pay close attention. Place you index finger on the clutch pedal and press downward and see if there is approximately 1/2", or really any "play" in the pedal before it hits resistance.

Yes, about 3/4" to 1"

I did the fluid change and still have the sound so I'm assuming it's an adjustment need