3-Point Hitch New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up
Lock out valve is a good place to start. But other than maybe a cut o ring or really bad valve or screwed up adjustment mechanism I can't think of anything else with the 3pt?

Have you changel your trans filter and or cleaned the screen if that's all it has. I would start there and change the fluid if you haven't already. Fluid is like $30 for a 5 gallon bucket so there is no reason not to change it and the filter if it's a new to you tractor to start fresh with fluids.

I picked up some Traveller Premium Universal Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from Tractor Supply today- 5 gallons. Says for J20C, J20A, J14B and Yanmar on the back. I'll do that and the filter this evening and provide an update. Thanks for all the feedback folks!

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #12  
The spec we always say to look for is the old JD303 spec. But in all honesty if it's a universal tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid it's fine the 303 spec is 30 or 40 years old and everything else supercedes it I am sure.

That yanmar it mentions is the new ones I am sure. 5 years ago none of them mentioned yanmar.

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #13  
The spec we always say to look for is the old JD303 spec. But in all honesty if it's a universal tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid it's fine the 303 spec is 30 or 40 years old and everything else supercedes it I am sure

I just drained my JD303 spec hyd fluid out and installed transmission fluid.. I hope it will handle the heat a little better without thinning out.. I have been having problems with my hyd fluid thinning out while working the tractor hard in the extreme heat , creating very little flow to operate the loader, and the tractor it's self is very slow to respond

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #14  
I just drained my JD303 spec hyd fluid out and installed transmission fluid.. I hope it will handle the heat a little better without thinning out.. I have been having problems with my hyd fluid thinning out while working the tractor hard in the extreme heat , creating very little flow to operate the loader, and the tractor it's self is very slow to respond

I know it says to use the ATF for extreme cold but I'm sure it takes the heat better too? Us down here in the south in the summer can heat up fluid in these working them, and with the power shift I'm sure it creates even more heat than a geared machine.

I know the universal tact or fluid is like 20 weight what's ATF weight? I would think it would be similar, but maybe it can handle extreme heat better?

I picked up some Traveller Premium Universal Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from Tractor Supply today- 5 gallons. Says for J20C, J20A, J14B and Yanmar on the back. I'll do that and the filter this evening and provide an update. Thanks for all the feedback folks!

Well we had bad storms here that took a tree out on our road and across the power lines so I haven't been able to do the fluid after work.

I was wondering, could the noise be from the rear end? There's the noise when sitting in neutral with the clutch out and more when moving. Where do I check the rear end oil? I think I read it's 90W.

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #16  
Rear end is submerged in the hydraulic reservoir, no separate fluid. Only the front axle needs 90 wt gear oil.

Neutral with the clutch out means the transmission input shaft is turning, so some noise from the transmission input bearing is normal. We all hear this, to a lesser or greater degree. And the 3 (4?) speed range gear shifter that is, in effect, in front of the Powershift makes its own noise when you engage one of its gears. Different sounds for each range. A rear axle noise would only appear after you start moving and would be proportional to speed.

Ok that makes sense, thanks. The noise level changes when under strain such as starting to go up a hill. I'll post a before and after video on YouTube tomorrow - hopefully I'll finally get to change the fluid.

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #19  
What range is the range-shifter in? If neutral that's a little loud, if its in a range then I don't think its excessive.

Anybody - Who has a 3110D and can compare this?

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #20  
don't sound like a whine to me.. sounds like something in the clutch area...A bearing maybe ? Adjustment ? If you can wait that long... I'll start mine up in the am, but I don't believe mine makes that noise.. from that vid, sounds like a grinding noise to me