Comparison New 3046R vs 3720

/ New 3046R vs 3720 #1  

rcooley4

Tractor
John Deere 4720 cab tractor
Hi all,

This is my first post on TBN, I have been reading this site for a long time and it's great to hear everyone's different options and point's of view.

I'm wondering if there are any thoughts on this face off? I had pretty much decided on the 3720 but now there is this new ride in town. I'm having a hard time figuring out the differences between the 3046R and the 3720, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/ New 3046R vs 3720 #2  
3720 is more sought after. The new series tractor is equipped with all the new emissions crap and regen. It's not tried and true. Not good piece of mind down the road when warranty expires. Road diesels have been having a problem with the stuff for several years now and costing lots of money out of warranty. Now it's time for the new run john deeres. Other than that it's not much different. From the previous series

/ New 3046R vs 3720
Thanks for your reply bigmike, that's kind of what I was thinking. It seem's like the new 3R motors have some sort of abnormal growth on them, it looks like a lot of extra bolted on crap that could have issues down the road.

Do you know when they will stop making the 3000 series?

/ New 3046R vs 3720 #4  
Do you know when they will stop making the 3000 series?

I believe production has already stopped, and dealers are just selling whatever are in warehouses/on lot.

/ New 3046R vs 3720 #5  
I sold my 2004 JD 4010 subcompact a couple weeks ago and have been looking ever since for a 3520 or 3720 open station hydro with mid pto. They were available a month ago when I advertised mine for sale. I've got two dealers here in Central Texas looking for me and any dealers who have them won't give them up. Looks like I gotta settle for the new engines. Worst part about it is most of the premium brands that I am interested in haven't stocked the dealers with new machines so it will be several weeks until I can actually sit on one and decide if I want to throw down $35k.