New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant?

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #11  
My new 2019 ZD1211 with 50 hours on it is consistently loosing small amounts of coolant.
It has done this since day one and I have documented it to ensure I'm not imagining it.
Between mowing's I add 1 or 2 ounces to keep the level at the low level in the coolant reservoir.
Oil level shows no sign of contamination with no moisture on the bottom of the valve cover fill.
It has never been overheated.
I have had it on my lift and have never seen the formation of a drip nor any wet or damp spots. The machine is also parked on a clean concrete floor with no signs of leakage.
Has anyone else experienced this?

90cummins
Hello 90cummins,
Did you ever figure your leak problem out? I have a new 2021 ZD1211 with 12.5 hours on it and I just noticed it has went though my entire reserve tank. The level is at the bottom almost to the tube I just noticed yesterday and this pic was taken while she was still hot after just cutting grass. It was between low and high mark when I brought it home new. Hope Kubota dealer knows how to deal with this.

Attachments

• 20210508_181205.jpg
    20210508_181205.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 188
   / New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #12  
My new 2019 ZD1211 with 50 hours on it is consistently loosing small amounts of coolant.
It has done this since day one and I have documented it to ensure I'm not imagining it.
Between mowing's I add 1 or 2 ounces to keep the level at the low level in the coolant reservoir.
Oil level shows no sign of contamination with no moisture on the bottom of the valve cover fill.
It has never been overheated.
I have had it on my lift and have never seen the formation of a drip nor any wet or damp spots. The machine is also parked on a clean concrete floor with no signs of leakage.
Has anyone else experienced this?

90cummins
Hello 90cummins,
Did you ever figure your leak problem out? I have a new 2021 ZD1211 with 12.5 hours on it and I just noticed it has went though my entire reserve tank. The level is at the bottom almost to the tube I just noticed yesterday and this pic was taken while she was still hot after just cutting grass. It was between low and high mark when I brought it home new. Hope Kubota dealer knows how to deal with this.

Attachments

• 20210508_181205.jpg
    20210508_181205.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172
   / New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #13  
just a wild card. replace your existing rad cap w/a new one from dealer for your model.
prob not the issue, though. my older truck began using small amounts of coolant similar to yours after i replaced radiator. replaced the oem cap & it now holds the level in the reservoir tank.
just a thought. you might have a radiator shop or dealer put a pressure test on the system as well.
is it under warranty?

am sure you know when cold, the resevoir level will show lower than when the engine reaches operating temp. but certainly not to the extent you describe

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #14  
have you checked the level in the radiator also. Make sure it is cold before pulling off the radiator cap. the expansion tank is there to catch the overflow and make sure the system doesn't suck in air as the coolant expands and contracts with the heat of the engine.

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant?
Mowing season ended before I could get a handle on it. I’m documenting the level before & after each mowing (mowed once so far) so it’s too early to tell what’s going on here. I will post when I get done data.
90cummins

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant?
I’ve been keeping an eye on my coolant level and verified IT IS NOT using coolat. After several runs recording the hot & cold high and low levels in the coolant recovery tank the level repeatedly fluctuates between the high & low marks I put on the tank.

90cummins

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #17  
If you guys have Rear Discharge Decks : they’ll get hot enough to boil over burping coolant out vent hose.

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #18  
Mine seemed to be loosing coolant the first 50 hours. Since then the level has not changed

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #19  
I finally found where my coolant was going. The lower radiator house clamp under the coolant reservoir was not tight. I put some Spectroline coolant leak trace in it and got out my black light

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #20  
I finally found where my coolant was going. The lower radiator house clamp under the coolant reservoir was not tight. I put some Spectroline coolant leak trace in it and got out my black light

Yup. I reviewed this topic this morning, and decided to take a closer look at the lower radiator hose. I kid you not, I drove it out of the shed up to my garage, shut it off, and when I looked at the hose it was dripping enough coolant to create a puddle. I have been adding coolant off and on for the past year and never found a leak.
The clamp took about 3 complete turns. Another poster recommends re tightening the clamps when hot, which I also did.