New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant?

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #1  

90cummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1720 SSS 4x4 Turbo Charged
My new 2019 ZD1211 with 50 hours on it is consistently loosing small amounts of coolant.
It has done this since day one and I have documented it to ensure I'm not imagining it.
Between mowing's I add 1 or 2 ounces to keep the level at the low level in the coolant reservoir.
Oil level shows no sign of contamination with no moisture on the bottom of the valve cover fill.
It has never been overheated.
I have had it on my lift and have never seen the formation of a drip nor any wet or damp spots. The machine is also parked on a clean concrete floor with no signs of leakage.
Has anyone else experienced this?

90cummins

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant?
Did your dealer do the coolant recovery tank recall that may apply to your mower?

I don稚 know.

I値l contact them

Do you have any information on this recall?

Thanks
90cummins

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #4  
Many ZD1011's and ZD1211's potentially had reserve tanks with lower nipples that were not drilled to let coolant pass to and from the radiator to the tank. I checked a dozen or so and never found a faulty one. Actually, if the coolant level in your mower's recovery tank goes up and down with use and changes in coolant temperature, yours is OK. A ZD1211 is easy to check; pull the hose off the radiator neck. If you can blow bubbles in the recovery tank it is not defective.

Very likely not to be your problem.

Many ZD1011's and ZD1211's potentially had reserve tanks with lower nipples that were not drilled to let coolant pass to and from the radiator to the tank. I checked a dozen or so and never found a faulty one. Actually, if the coolant level in your mower's recovery tank goes up and down with use and changes in coolant temperature, yours is OK. A ZD1211 is easy to check; pull the hose off the radiator neck. If you can blow bubbles in the recovery tank it is not defective.

Very likely not to be your problem.

I agree this is not the problem.

90cummins

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #6  
Not for nothing but for the first 30-40 hours I was experiencing same thing. I kept adding a little to reservoir tank with no signs of leak or in oil. After 30-40 hours the level never dropped again, and I have 200 hours on it now

Not for nothing but for the first 30-40 hours I was experiencing same thing. I kept adding a little to reservoir tank with no signs of leak or in oil. After 30-40 hours the level never dropped again, and I have 200 hours on it now

Thanks for that!
I guess we will find out next summer. 90cummins

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #8  
Mine has been doing the same thing i tightened all the hose connections one was wet but i continued to loose a small amount every once in a while i get a whiff of collant i probably only loose 2 ounces a whole year. Nothing is wet I may put leak trace dye to see if i can find the spot

/ New 2019 ZD1211 loosing coolant? #9  
Be careful, I bought a new 1021 ran if for 1.9 hrs and it blew a head gasket. I had no idea until the engine seized from losing the coolant out the exhaust.
Kubota replaced the engine

It's possible you have a head gasket issue

Be careful, I bought a new 1021 ran if for 1.9 hrs and it blew a head gasket. I had no idea until the engine seized from losing the coolant out the exhaust.
Kubota replaced the engine

It's possible you have a head gasket issue

My machine is parked in my shop so I see it every day and just yesterday I thought about checking the head bolt torque.
I know I probably shouldn't touch it but it is bothering me.
Even though it is under a full warranty for 72 months minus a $250 deductible I hate waiting for something to possible happen.
If I let it happen(fail) it will be in the middle of the season and who knows how long it will be out of service.
I have not mentioned it to the dealer because they would do nothing until it actually failed.

90cummins