Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #11  
One of my neighbors had an ash tree destroyed by ash borers hanging close/over to my outbuilding in the back corner of my property. I asked him if we could split the cost of taking it down since I park expensive equipment in it. He took it down and never sent me an invoice.
He’s rolling in green. Nice to have neighbors with $$$$$. Good dude.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #12  
What does "buck the tree" mean?

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #13  
Don’t worry, this firewood would be strictly for the outdoor fire pit, which is about 20 feet from the cottage.
Get yourself a badger water fire extinguisher and keep it nearby or a garden hose. Those pops can shoot embers pretty far.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #15  
   / Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #16  
Around here, there's lots of firewood burned. "Buck" or "Buck up" means to cut the main stem into firewood length pieces, usually 16" to 24".
"Trim out" means to cut off all the branches very close to the stem.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #17  
Around here, there's lots of firewood burned. "Buck" or "Buck up" means to cut the main stem into firewood length pieces, usually 16" to 24".
Yep, we use the word “buck” to mean getting it cut the main trunk into whatever usable lengths are desired.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #18  
I'll be felling 5 dead pines this morning, and the terminology I am familiar with is :
Felling is cutting the tree down
Limbing is cutting the limbs off the trunk
Bucking is cutting the trunk into the desired size
Followed by splitting.

I don't do firewood, so the 5 trunks will be bucked into 8' sections and hauled off with my pallet forks and piled in the back to rot. They're bug infested and somewhat rotten (clients front yard).

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage.
Kk I Will “trim out“ the branches, and “buck up“ the main trunk for firewood. I will have to get a friend to come up and help. He and I did it once before, when a smaller Evergreen fell down. He Can also help “buck up” a good sized up tree that Hydro took down. That will definitely be more enjoyable, cause we rarely get oak firewood up here.

More work! Good thing classes are over soon!

Last edited: