Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #41  
No burn rules here ever. Just want you to use discretion.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #42  
I don't know much about firewood except that the guy that cleaned my chimney said never to burn pine as it will emit a lot of soot that adds dangerous creosote to the chimney walls, since pine is a softwood, and is resinous.

I’ve heard that same thing about Pine🌲 for years! We burn Fir, Alder and Maple all harvested from our property.
All are blow downs from wind storms. Picture enclosed of our latest casualty 50 plus years old 😢 F12784BF-026C-415D-A0B3-A42B1344B9E6.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #43  
Have that guy come out west...we would like a word with him.
So are you saying you can burn pine in your fireplace without issues?

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #44  
I think he is saying they only have softwoods for fires, here we burn mostly Oak and HIckory with some Cherry, Black Walnut, Ash, Elm and others mixed in. Pine, Cedar, Maple, etc are used mostly as kindling, Not a lot of pine here despite the Forest Service planting it every chance they get,.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #45  
I think you can burn pine but like all firewood you need to let it dry down. I’ve burned small quantities of it.

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #46  
pine dose generate more smoke but once split and well dry it is ok … some people that’s all they use

/ Neihbour’s big tree fell over on to my lawn/cottage. #47  
I’ve heard that same thing about Pine🌲 for years! We burn Fir, Alder and Maple all harvested from our property.
All are blow downs from wind storms. Picture enclosed of our latest casualty 50 plus years old 😢View attachment 787888
Same and add cherry to the mix. The pine and fir are nice fast heat, pops the temp up in the house. Alder and maple are nice and last a bit better, same with the cherry. The best i've found was some oak a buddy had taken down. Once it finally dried enough, great heat and last well too. Reminded me of coal. Oh and the cedar is pretty noisy to burn in the stove and burns fast. I'll mostly use it for kindling. I gave a few 20plus foot around 24-30 inch straight logs to a friend that had them sawn up to finish some exposed glulams in the house they were building.