Neighbors gone

/ Neighbors gone #1  

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
Yesterday my neighbor of 45 years who's dairy farm land borders mine had his life taken by some terrible accident. He was going up the road to a field which he had hayed and was going with he New Holland T4.65 and large round bail hay trailer. Non official report is that he got caught between hay trailer and tractor and crushed, he was 75 years old and a Great neighbor. I use to see him a few times a week going by my house on one of his tractors and he would always wave, boy I'll miss seeing him, RIP.

Devildog

/ Neighbors gone #2  
You know it is sad, but he left us doing what he loved to do. If I had a choice in my time, I'd much rather have it happen like that rather than a slow death looking out the window of…. what ever, watching someone else making hay and only wishing……… .
Sorry about your neighbor, and prolly good friend Devildog.

/ Neighbors gone #3  
R.I.P.

/ Neighbors gone #5  
Sorry for your loss.

Curious to hear more details if/when you find out what happened.....so others don't share the same fate.

/ Neighbors gone #7  
Thoughts/prayers to family...Gentleman RIP.

/ Neighbors gone #8  
Sorry to hear that. The only way I could envision that happening is if he was unhooking the trailer on an incline and the tractor suddenly rolled back after he unhooked the hitch, pinning him against the trailer. Could it have been a second person involved? Maybe someone on the tractor while he worked the hitch?

/ Neighbors gone
Just a quick update, I still believe my neighbor was by himself when accident happened, at least that's the word I'm hearing now. He usually has a hired hand that always helped him bale and do barn chores. Hired hand and son mowed raked hay and harvested the many acres of corn along with my neighbor for the girls. But this day going to pick up round bales and bring them back to be wrapped, I believe he was by himself. I went to the wake and so many of the local dairy farmers were there, so sad indeed.

DevilDog