Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #41  
Try spreading coffee grounds around their favorite spot(s). This even works for our 3 dogs. No chit !

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #42  
The old "poop in a paper bag, set on their porch, light bag & ring doorbell" trick ought to work.

Absolutely. The next time they crap on your driveway, dump sack them.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #43  
You have to use the cheapest one that cocks. The ones you see the bb come out the barrel. The cocking bb pistols are better, easier to carry than a long gun. I am not a dog shooter. But, I've been shot with those guns and I have shot others with those guns. Never punctured the skin. Do not use an air gun. Do not use a break over single cock. I'm talking Red Rider type guns.

Yeah, definitely a Daisy lever gun, lol. You're talking about a BB gun we used to shoot at one another with, not a Crossman CO2.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #44  
Yeah, definitely a Daisy lever gun, lol. You're talking about a BB gun we used to shoot at one another with, not a Crossman CO2.

We had a one pump rule on the Crossman. Still, that whole adventure ended rather abruptly. LOL.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #45  
Being the indictive person I am, I've entertained gift wrapping a box of poop and leaving it in a public place where someone can take it and think they were getting something special...

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #46  
That has been done to porch pirates who steal other people's deliveries off their porches.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #47  
Shoot the owner then...lol Just do it discretely. Out here it's 100% legal to shoot stray dogs as well as other destructive vermin, including Yotes and no season either.
Just because it's leagle to do so doesn't mean you should do it.

All of our dogs other than my wifes first dog she had when we got married were strays.

The blue tick hound below my dad found with my son out back when my dad was showing him how to drive a golf ball with a club (black dog was found litterally at my office in Greensboro). Both have been great dogs for last 5-8 years here.

D.png

Here is a novel idea... if you find a dog wondering on your property that isn't causing harm, perhaps see if the dog has a collar, and if not, take the dog to your local animal control. OR, perhaps take it in and put up signs stating that a "lost" dog was found. I won't even mention microchipping your pet, because we live out in the county, and who needs to micro chip a dog?:rolleyes:

I'm just glad I've become the kind of man not to kill indiscriminately because "I'm allowed to".

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #48  
I have had more dogs dropped off at the end of my road at the ranch than I want to count. I have a camera set up to see if any get dropped off by heartless humans. It's well over 3 dozen at this point.

I have an area set up in the shop to house a dog or two until I can get them into the shelter.

I have found humans suck more often than not.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #49  
I have found humans suck more often than not.
That's the sad thing.

Our local humane socitey had a issue with past presidents having dogs "dropped off" at their home. When my wife became president of the group, I made a comment in front of a bunch of people stating that if I ever caught someone doing that at our house, well, lets just say I knew it could be easily held agasint me in a court of law if the person was found dead (I even through in some yankee "bad" words that a southern gentleman would never use LOL).

Ironcially enough, we NEVER had a dog dropped off at our home during my wifes time leading the organization.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #50  
Watched some idiot dump a German Shepard out of their jeep while my dogs were out. Stupid dog chased some ducks which a bad idea and my two house dogs (LGD way bigger than GS) took him out to the road and up toward the highway. The idiot came back ask if I was keeping the dog, I informed him the dog had his ass kicked by mine and which direction he was headed so the idiot went the other way...... People suck....

We get dogs dropped around almost weekly most have no manners (go at livestock) and offend the LGDs, which promptly remove the offender from the property.
I've found a couple homes and kept one over 15 years.