Need tire suggestions for wifes car.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #21  
I've used Toyo M/S rated tires for the last 25 years. The Taco Wagon has Goodyear Wrangler Duratrack - OEM. They work well on a heavy pickup. But it was Toyo when I had a Jeep and when I had the Ford F150. I had the Toyo tires sipped on the Jeep. Made a significant difference in the winter.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #22  
I doubt he will be putting A/T tires on a Car as stated in the OP

Doh!
I missed that part, oops.
Ya these wouldnt be a good choice for a car! Great on a full-size truck though

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #23  
All season tires are crappy in the snow I have snow tires mounted on rims and just swap them over fast and easy...

I agree 100%, if you live in the snow belt, dedicated snow tires are a must. I'm a big fan of Goodyear TripleTreads for the other three seasons. There are tons of tire reviews on TireRack.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #24  
Pittsburg area woman not likely to be same kind of driver ABE area girl is, not from Mario Andretti Academy.
PenDOT over there plow on weekends?

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #25  
For us same as Peter 315,we say all season tires consider 3 season tires living in snow region.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #26  
I just changed over from Bridgestone all seasons ( good traction in all weather conditions, but so much road noise I couldn’t hear the radio playing) to Goodyear Assurances. Too early to give a review, but they are nice and quiet, and carry an 85,000 warranty.

I’m always looking for a tire that has good traction, yet lasts a really long time, so far, no go. My wife’s Toyota has Nitto all season on it, but they seem to be wearing a bit quicker than I hoped.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #27  
I've been running Nitto's on my truck for many years and really like them. I'm in Texas so do not have to contend with snow, but I do run ATs because of dirt roads and mud and other stuff you'll find in unpaved areas. I do not think their mileage is as good as they claim, but it is respectable and they're comfortable tires and provide the traction I need when off-road.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #28  
Wife's car needs new tires and I thought I would ask here if anyone has a favorite brand. No more Michelin or Kelly's for me. We live where we get snow, so I'm thinking some sort of all season tire. Good mileage would be a plus and a good snow rating also. Thanks in advance. RRM

Check out General Gmax. Got them for the Miata and plan to use them for the Mz3.

Have no idea how they do in the snow. Stick good in wet. Very good buy. Made by General's French affiliate.

Ralph

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #29  
Gentlemen thank you all for your responses. Maybe I put too much emphasis on "snow tires". I am just looking for an all around, all season tire for the wife's car which is a Toyota Avalon front wheel drive. We live East of Pittsburgh so some years we get snow and others not so much. The reason I'm done with Michelins is the wife's car has them on now and at 25,000 they're worn out. Now don't tell me she is a hot rodder because at 62 she's not. LOL. Son had Michelins and two of his tires got bulges on the side walls and had to be replaced. No more Michelins!! My brother and I both had problems with Kelly's on our pickups. No more Kelly's!! I just thought some of you may have had real good luck with a certain brand or real bad luck and you would be willing to pass that information along. So there you have it and thanks again. RRM
Thats really excessive wear on a set of tires designed to last 70,000 miles. You really should have your Toyota Avalon vehicle alignment checked and corrected before purchasing a new set of tires.

/ Need tire suggestions for wifes car. #30  
Continental.
Best tires I've ever had on a sedan. Front or rear wheel drive.