Need new key start switch for V2203 engine

/ Need new key start switch for V2203 engine #1  

nepa

Silver Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi 180D, Jinma 284 sold, Kubota BX2660, IH Cub, Case 580CK, Minneapolis Moline 4 Star (sold), TYM 574, Furukawa FX-040
Hi folks. I just bought an older Furukawa mini excavator with a Kubota V2203 4 cylinder diesel. The key start switch is busted. Any old house key can be inserted to start the engine but more concerning is that I can not get the key into a position for heating the glow plugs. I found a web site for fridayparts.com that offers a switch that lists compatibility with 8 different Kubota models including the 2203 and 1505 ($29.99). I found a switch on ebay that says compatible with 1505 but does not list the 2203 ($25.00). I guess that compatibility lists can sometimes be incomplete. Fridayparts does not have a good trust rating and I have been burned in the past by ordering parts from companies that I have never heard of. Anyone have a source for my V2203 starter switch at a reasonable cost (25-40)?

/ Need new key start switch for V2203 engine #2  
How adept are you at wiring? When my Mitsubishi tractor switch failed to operate the glow plugs I went hunting. Not wanting to spend $75 or $80 on a switch for a tractor I opted for an automotive ignition switch. I then added a fifty amp spring loaded toggle switch to operate the glow plugs. It worked quite well.

/ Need new key start switch for V2203 engine #3  
Kubota does NOT supply the ignition switch. You will need to find a Furukawa dealer.