Need L3901 alternatives

/ Need L3901 alternatives #22  
I have considered it…

Most tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate Safely in residential or hobby farm applications on one to ten (1 - 10) flat acres.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first (capability), tractor horsepower second (PTO power), rear axle width third (stability), rear wheel/tire ballast fourth (stability and traction).

Last edited:
   / Need L3901 alternatives #24  
......As I added more tractors to the list I started adding more details. I never really thought that I would be sharing the information so I didn't necessarily go back and fill in missing or incomplete data, especially as I narrowed down choices (like going to a larger frame and HP). Since I have shared this a few times and may again in the future I will make corrections to the Hydro capacities. There was no intent to deceive, just plugging in numbers as I found them on Tractor Data at the time....
Jay I was absolutely certain you had no intent to deceive, I just wanted to point out Kubota generally separates their gpm into PS and main, and your chart didn't include the PS gpm figure The way tractor manufacturers subtly list their specs in "different" ways makes it hard to compare apples to apples and loader specs may be the most inconsistent. BTW I think your chart is nicely done, much better than I could have put together!

/ Need L3901 alternatives #25  
What would be a good alternative to a Kubota L3901, but from another company? Ty
Can you explain why? Perhaps unavailability? Want more power but dissatisfied with L2501?

/ Need L3901 alternatives #26  
What would be a good alternative to a Kubota L3901, but from another company? Ty
Jd 3039R or 3046R. I've owned the 3046R for two years (600 Hrs) and have no complaints

/ Need L3901 alternatives #27  
Might move up to the dk series of Kioti. You will be in the right price range with a more capable tractor. Bobcat sells a rebranded version if you have a dealer close. Yanmar makes some nice tractors if you have a dealer near.

/ Need L3901 alternatives #28  
If you have a Yanmar dealer near by you could look at the YT347.

/ Need L3901 alternatives #29  
Jd 3039R or 3046R. I've owned the 3046R for two years (600 Hrs) and have no complaints
The issue with that is the huge price difference. The 3R tractor are $7500-$10,000 more then a L3901 and that's not including the loader or any implements.

/ Need L3901 alternatives #30  
Not sure on this, and it’s largely speculation, but the Kioti has orbital valve hydraulic power steering that’s run off the main hydraulic pump, and I suspect the power steering only draws flow when the operator is actively moving the steering wheel. When the wheel is stationary, all hydraulic flow is available for accessory attachments.

Older designs like the Kubota have a separate hydraulic pump used to drive a conventional power steering system, and the steering hydraulics aren’t integrated into the tractor accessory drives, thus the lower values for hydraulic flow available for accessories and attachments.

I don’t know if that’s correct, but if so, it explains why Kioti only has one number published, while some competitors have two numbers.