Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #1  

Frito660

Tractor
Iseki 1700
Hello,
New to the forum's Just bought an older Iseki yesterday it says its a 1700 on the hood, 2 cyl diesel. The issue I am having is it isn't charging the battery. I am not sure if their is a voltage regulator on this or not, never worked on many diesel's.
Any help would be appreciated.

It runs just fine once it is started, so I don't think it is the alternator. all the Lights have been unplugged and it still has a battery draw and won't charge. WP_20150904_002.jpg

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #2  
Do you mean it doesn't charge when you use a battery charger?

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues
no i can charge the battery with a charger, but while it is running it drains the battery and the alternator on the tractor will not keep the battery charged

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #4  
On my TS1610 the posistive line from the alternator connects to the positive from the the battery at the starter. There may or may not be a ground line on the alternator. And there is a ground line on the battery. You could look at those four lines for bad or dirty connections.

It is a direct connection from the alternator to the battery, through the terminal on the starter. On the TS1610 there is a voltage regulator but that is not part of the charging, it regulates the voltages to the warning lights and head lights.

You could also take the alternator to a car parts store and have them test it. Autozone and some of the others can test the alternator for you. Or if you have a voltmeter you could test it.

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues
ok cool thanks for the help Rich, yea mine is a TU1700 but I will look into those wires. It has a really old connector at the alternator that is falling apart lol

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #6  
Hi I am having the exact same problem. Brought the alternator to a guy who strips them and hoe could do nought saying the windings are gone. Have not been able to source original but getting a replacement new one with a built in regulator. Bit of messing to do with the wiring now though! Mines a tx1510. Did you have any success? Thanks

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #7  
I created a mess for myself with my 2 cylinder Bolens G174 (1500TX?) by 1) leaving the key on after shut-off, killing the battery 2) crossing the cables while boosting 3) not realizing the importance of the voltage regulator in the dash. Eventually I replaced the alternator with a Nissan model the eBay vendor assured me would work -- IF I also replaced the regulator at the same time. The repair involved jury-rigging a pair of those metal things that keep the alternator tight, but the repair didn't cost much. No trouble since.

On the other hand, a starter repair cost a lot. The local Massey Ferguson dealer discovered that the starter was just hanging on its bolts, and in fact the bolts holding it together were loose, as well. $475 later it was all better.

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #8  
hi all,

I had to go through my entire charging system this summer on my tx1500f... (bolens g174)

if anyone needs alternator numbers or anything I found some cheap alternatives through napa after a lot of part number cross referencing...

alternator for me ended up being $41.99

/ Need Help With old Iseki and Charging issues #9  
I have an Iseki TX1500 and I had a battery die on me. It looks like the regulator is faulty and is overcharging the battery. Wondered if anyone in this group knows where I can get a replacement regulator for the TX1500 which has a KE75 mitsubishi engine. I would be hoping for a regulator that is a direct replacement in that it has the exact same wiring connector. I've seen some discussion about Nippon Denso and Satoh regulators but not sure exactly where I can track them down. Also found this link from a dutch supplier and wondered if anyone has fitted one to a TX1500. Rectifier regulator Iseki TU, TX, Mitsubishi