Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352

/ Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352 #1  

dustycoyote

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
Morning (or afternoon depending on where you are...) everyone,

I am looking to get a Hyd Top Link for my tractor and am hoping to get some help.

I have an MT3 52HC.
I have 2 rear remotes so I have a hookup available for the top link, but need some help finding the right parts to buy. (just as an FYI, the MT352 hydro comes with 2 rear remotes standard. The MT3 shuttle comes with 3 standard. no idea why LS specs them this way but bummer for me...)

my manual top link is CAT 2 on the implement end and CAT 1 on the tractor end. It is about 19.5in when fully retracted, and approx 27in when extended fully to a usable position.

It seems that a lot of people recommend Agristoreusa.com, and they do have a CAT 1-2 cylindar that is 19.5 retracted but is only just over 25in when extended. That seems like a really small range of movement and I had hoped to find something that offered a little more range. I haven't been able to find a CAT 1-2 option anywhere else that seems to be anywhere close to my retracted length. I expect I could get something custom-made, but I don't make money with my tractor and it is hard to justify the expense to go that route.

I'm a new tractor owner and always like to get advice here before I make decisions and I hoped to get some info on what size hoses and connectors I need to look for. I am assuming 1/2 inch connections? My current hoses look like they are regular valve type rather than ball type. does that sound correct?

Anything else I need to be considering or looking for?

/ Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352 #2  
This is the one I got:

It's cat 1 only, but the majority of my implements are cat 1. If my implements are cat 2, I use bushings, and they are cat 1. The measurements are close to your stock manual toplink. The little bit shorter is not an issue. You shouldnt have your top link that far out anyway.

You will also need a hose kit:
Hydraulic Hose Kit with 1/2" Ball Type Couplers

And you need to watch my video on the subject:

You won't be disappointed with a hydraulic toplink.

/ Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352 #4  
I can provide you a cat 1-2 top link built with a 2 1/2" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod with a 19 1/4"- 27 1/4" working length. This has a cat 1 tractor end and a narrow (1 3/4") cat 2 rod end with a floating cat 1 reducer bushing.

Unfortunately, I am currently backed up a minimum of 22 weeks. This is not anything special, in fact actually common. Fill out the Fit Rite contact page if you decide you can wait to get a top link kit that actually fits right.

Attachments

• LS cat 1-2 19-27.JPG
    LS cat 1-2 19-27.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
   / Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352
I can provide you a cat 1-2 top link built with a 2 1/2" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod with a 19 1/4"- 27 1/4" working length. This has a cat 1 tractor end and a narrow (1 3/4") cat 2 rod end with a floating cat 1 reducer bushing.

Unfortunately, I am currently backed up a minimum of 22 weeks. This is not anything special, in fact actually common. Fill out the Fit Rite contact page if you decide you can wait to get a top link kit that actually fits right.
Thanks for the reply.
I actually visited your site and would be love to order from you, but I am needing it sooner. I need to build a road this summer and want the top link before I start working on rear blade work. Especially since I am a beginner just learning to use the implement. I am sure that, without the hyd top link, I would spend 10x as much time off the tractor making adjustements as an experienced operator might.

/ Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352 #6  
I agree, time can be a VERY big factor, just letting you know that the unit you need is not anything special for some (me) companies.

If my current hose is not ball type couplers, can I purchase a new hose with ball couplers, or should I stay with normal couplers? Are they interchangeable?

/ Need help finding a Hydraulic Top Link for my MT352 #8  
Ball couplers & poppet couplers are interchangeable. You have poppet couplers on your tractor.

Ball couplers & poppet couplers are interchangeable. You have poppet couplers on your tractor.
Sorry that I'm not able to wait long enough to get one from you. Would really prefer that.
Thanks for the help.