Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #11  
Not all VM engines are meant for automobiles. They had plenty of engines for tractors, generators and all kinds of equipment. This one in the pictures was from an Agrifull 60 tractor. I had VM engines on both of my crawlers, one 26HP - 2 cylinder and other 39HP - 3 cylinders.
Yes, even the Chinese have a 40 HP three cylinder engine, but I believe that's as far as they go. Interesting line up of VM engines:

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations
Thanks! Bob's information about the TY395 engine, the Tang drive and the links for the hydraulic pumps helped me a lot. And Piper184 was right, it looks like a Jinma 284 (same logo on tranny and seat) and some of them pretty much have the same hood. But from the pics I saw, they look smaller than the KJT 6030. That KJT has the size to be a 60HP tractor but you're right, this 3 cylinders engine (which should be 1.5L) isn't big enough to be 60HP. 40HP is a good guess.

Here is the plate on the engine. I haven't found anything with the informations on it so I forgot about showing it here.

Engine plate.JPG

I could show you a picture where we can see the decal on the hood but KJT 6030 is the only thing written there. As for other tags, plate or anything helpful on the tractor, believe me I searched all around and found nothing except that date on the tranny you already saw (no tags on fenders, frame, engine block or anywhere else):

Transmission KJT 6030.JPG

I was there when we took the hydraulic pumps off and there was nothing written on it too (I can trust my eyes on this) but what I saw on CircleGtractorparts.com let me think the pump we need is the E314 in this link:

CBN-E314 Hydraulic Pump (old style) For TY395 Engines

They even sell that cross connector that got lost with the pump:

400.54.101 Cross Connector for Hydraulic Pump Shaft.jpg

And one of these diagrams to show where this pump is used REALLY looks like the hydraulics on my friend's KJT:

Hydraulic diagram.jpg

So pretty sure we're on our way to something. Thank you! I'll get back to you once I get something useful to write.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #13  
Here is the plate on the engine. I haven't found anything with the informations on it so I forgot about showing it here.

View attachment 780619
Unfortunately that's not the engine builders nameplate. The importer replaced it with their own nameplate, or placed their own over it. Doesn't seem legal to me though because it doesn't state engine specifics for environmental purposes, for one thing.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations
Yeah, good idea. Maybe they put this plate over the engine nameplate so I'll take this plate off to see if there's something behind it next time I'm going there.

Maybe they tried to hide the fact that this tractor is only 30 or 40HP and they where just telling BS or letting people think it has more HP because it is quite big.

What I found online to compare size is that a Jinma 284 has 9.5-24 rear tires with 1050mm diameter (41 3/8") and this KJT 6030 has 12.4-28 with 1260mm diameter (49 5/8"). We can tell just by looking at pictures too that the KJT is bigger.

This small Jinma 1.5L engine and tranny with bigger wheels and tires might be the reason the clucth is slipping when riding higher gear. Clucht isn't old, adjustment and freeplay are good but this things has trouble moving around like it should (don't even try to tow something up a small hill!)

Well... just another issue I'll have to look at. Thank you.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #15  
Yeah, good idea. Maybe they put this plate over the engine nameplate so I'll take this plate off to see if there's something behind it next time I'm going there.

Maybe they tried to hide the fact that this tractor is only 30 or 40HP and they where just telling BS or letting people think it has more HP because it is quite big.

What I found online to compare size is that a Jinma 284 has 9.5-24 rear tires with 1050mm diameter (41 3/8") and this KJT 6030 has 12.4-28 with 1260mm diameter (49 5/8"). We can tell just by looking at pictures too that the KJT is bigger.

This small Jinma 1.5L engine and tranny with bigger wheels and tires might be the reason the clucth is slipping when riding higher gear. Clucht isn't old, adjustment and freeplay are good but this things has trouble moving around like it should (don't even try to tow something up a small hill!)

Well... just another issue I'll have to look at. Thank you.
A typical Chinese engine nameplate will look similar to this:
In this instance, 65 kW = 88.3 HP.

1674774780455.png

Last edited:
   / Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #16  
Here is my engine data plate. Not much use except for comparison. Bob is right, at least here in the US I think removing a plate with EPA info is a no-no. At any rate they are supposed to be riveted or welded on, not held on with screws. My guess is the importer did this and the original is long gone. And anyone who does this is not going to freely share the info they removed.

When I was looking for a tractor there were several "importers" that would take your money up front, then when they had enough orders for a container full would send the $ to China. Then everybody waited until a ship showed up somewhere with that container. Then you had to arrange someone to go get your crate out of the box and get it too you. That was too risky for me and several of the importers seemed to be kinda shady to deal with. I was really relieved when I found a dealer that had tractors in the crate on the ground and was willing to ship it without putting it together first. Saved me enough that I could afford the shipping and I got to put it together.

If you get a chance, measure the wheel base and I will compare it to my 284. It is very possible that the importer stuck rims and tires on that tractor that don't belong, just to make it look bigger. There is always a demand for the original set so selling them as parts probably more than paid for the bigger ones. A couple of deceptive decals and a data plate and the profit margin just went way up!

Take a look at the documentation on my web site and feel free to keep copies for yourself. I'm a bit of a documentation nerd, just not with enough OCD to keep it organized....

Attachments

• 100_7286 (2019_02_19 01_42_27 UTC).JPG
    100_7286 (2019_02_19 01_42_27 UTC).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 74
  • 100_7287 (2019_02_19 01_42_27 UTC).JPG
    100_7287 (2019_02_19 01_42_27 UTC).JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 85
"If you get a chance, measure the wheel base and I will compare it to my 284''

My friend told me the measurement between the center of the front and rear axle is around 78 inches. By looking at your pictures and pictures online, I'm pretty sure his KJT is bigger than a Jinma 284. And I just read a 284 has a wheelbase of 64.9" so there's a good difference. Even a 354 has a 72" wheelbase but it could be the same engine. I just saw that some 354 came with a 45hp 4 cylinders but some where built with a 35hp 3 cylinders.

Last edited:
   / Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #18  
That tractor looks a lot like my Jinma 354. Same logo on the castings.

Really a lot in common with a Jinma 354! I think it has the same 35hp engine. I also just found out that a good source for detailled picture of theses tractors isn't chinese website (not at all) but US auction website with many pictures from all around the tractors they've been selling.

And the only big difference I can see is the transmission shift pattern.

All the 354 I see are like this:

354 tranny.jpg

While the KJT 6030 has Lo Hi and reverse on the same stick:

Transmission KJT 6030.JPG

But we're definitely close to solve that mystery!

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #20  
From what I see in the dashboard in that picture it looks just like my Jinma 354 too. Although the PTO levers look slightly different. Note that the 354 came with several different engines and transmissions. Mine is a 4-cylinder 485, 2 liters but the 3-cylinder 395 is more common.

My understanding is that Jinma assembled the tractors but the transmissions and engines came from suppliers and they would switch them around. The hydraulic pump is probably the same way. The guys who sell parts tend to be quite knowledgeable and helpful.