Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #1  

James027

Tractor
Kubota L2550
Hi, I want to help a friend who owns a KJT 6030 chinese tractor (2006 I think). Supposed to be 60HP. He needs a new hydraulic pump but I can't find anything about this tractor online!! A website listing pretty much all chinese tractor has KJT in there but no link or information.

It looks like a Jinma 604 like the one in this link but can't find much informations on this one neither:
[Hot Item] Tracteur (JINMA 604(4 RM))

So here are some pics of my friend's 60HP KJT tractor. The hydraulic pump isn't there (he took it to a shop to get it checked and the moron there lost it!) Hope we can get informations here to find a new pump and get this thing running again.

20221010_142040_resized.jpg

20221010_142054_resized_1.jpg

20221010_142216_resized.jpg

20221010_142154_resized.jpg

20221010_142125_resized.jpg

Screenshot_20230123-221008_Gallery.jpg

20220925_205740.jpg

Attachments

• 20221010_142216_resized.jpg
    20221010_142216_resized.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
   / Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #2  
That would be the first 60 HP three cylinder engine I've seen. 40 HP tops. It looks just like my 30 HP TY395 engine.
Pumps are plentiful.

Last edited:
   / Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #3  
For all practical purposes that looks like a Jinma tractor all right. A lot like my 2006 284, only bigger with more stylized hood and fenders. Jinma made tractors for a lot of different "brands" and there were differences between all of them but the base tractor was the same. Jinma made their own up through the 500 series that indeed were listed at 65 HP.

The 630 on the loader decal is just the number of the loader. Is there a number on the hood decal? In the pictures of both sides it is blocked from the view by the loader arms. Even so it may not be much use because the name KJT is not listed here: List of Tractors built by Jinma for other companies

Of more importance would be a data plate on the tractor itself. Usually there is one riveted to the inside of the fender. I can see a spot on the right fender near the rear where there may have been a data plate at one time, or it might have been something else mounted there. On my 284 it is on the left fender near where the toolbox is mounted, although I can't see a toolbox on this one. There may be a bracket in that area.

The casting date of 2006 is interesting, where was that located, on the engine? In any case, it is just a casting date. Of more importance is the data plate of the engine. A lot of times these are on the block but in many cases they are on the valve cover, usually on the left side. If you can't find that, then some of the information cast into the block may or may not be of some help.

As for the pump all the information about it should have been on a data plate or at least a sticker on the pump. That would have told you everything you needed. Did your friend take a picture of the pump before he took it to the "mechanic"? Loosing someone else's property is the height of unprofessional and boarders on theft in my book.

At any rate, all is not lost, just more difficult. You can measure the bolt pattern where the pump mounts. Then you can determine what was on the drive end of the pump. Was it a gear, at tab or some other design. Then you can measure from the mounting face to the point where the pump engages the drive. You want to be as accurate as possible with your measurements. Use metric. If possible watch the drive gear and turn the engine with a wrench in the direction it normally runs. What way does the drive turn?

This much info should narrow the search greatly. There may be other things like pump size and adapters needed to get to the hose fittings left on the tractor.

Affordable (listed above) and Circle G both have good online parts diagrams that you can browse through. They also have a lot of pictures of the parts themselves. Some time spent there looking around might show something that you or the owner recognize.

Let us know if you have any questions and by all means post more pictures of anything you think might be a clue.

Good luck and don't forget to post the final resolution when you get one, it will help others in the future.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #4  
AAARRRGGG, the edit function is not working so I will post a follow up. ( I need more coffee and proofread before hitting send)

Since this is a 3 cylinder tractor it is not likely to be 60 HP but more like the 40 HP that Bob mentioned. (Bob you changed your avatar)

It may be a Jinma 300 series tractor. Who knows what 6030 means to KJT?

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #5  
I think it's likely a 30-35 HP engine. Need the engine nameplate pic to positively identify. Most all the engines of this size use the tang drive instead of a splined drive pump.
Yeah, the avatar depicts how I feel now with changing medical issues. Too bad I can't bury my head in the sand.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #6  
There are 3 cylinder diesel engines putting out 60 HP out there, unless you meant specifically Chinese diesel engines.

Here is a 60HP VM 3 cylinder air cooled diesel engine:

327006770_1107062294027123_3066758485129990143_n.jpg
326990245_837509757310294_5641913973184213761_n.jpg
326638059_2043015682561827_1038570350410486994_n.jpg

As far as the tractor in this thread, very little info online about it. Very hard to find anything to help the OP.

Last edited:
   / Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #7  
If you are replacing the pump anyways I would seriously concider upping the gallons/minute of the hydraulic pump. As long as your hydraulic lines can handle the extra flow.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #8  
There are 3 cylinder diesel engines putting out 60 HP out there, unless you meant specifically Chinese diesel engines.

Here is a 60HP VM 3 cylinder air cooled diesel engine:

As far as the tractor in this thread, very little info online about it. Very hard to find anything to help the OP.
Yes, we're talking Chinese engines. That engine reminds me of a Deutz. Yeah, the VM engines are put in automobiles, and not rated for continuous output. The 3-71 Detroit is rated at 113 HP and the 3-53 is rated at 98 HP, And the three cylinder Deutz max HP is 75, but there we're comparing apples to oranges. Back in the day, Johnson & Towers built a 250 HP 3-71 for pleasure craft. Stewart & Stevenson had similar hot rod Detroits.
Like I said earlier, we need a pic of the engine nameplate.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #9  
If you are replacing the pump anyways I would seriously consider upping the gallons/minute of the hydraulic pump. As long as your hydraulic lines can handle the extra flow.
Flow isn't as critical as pressure, but that's determined by the relief valve setting in the control valves.

/ Need a hydraulic pump for this chinese tractor but can't find any informations #10  
Yes, we're talking Chinese engines. That engine reminds me of a Deutz. Yeah, the VM engines are put in automobiles, and not rated for continuous output. The 3-71 Detroit is rated at 113 HP and the 3-53 is rated at 98 HP, And the three cylinder Deutz max HP is 75, but there we're comparing apples to oranges. Back in the day, Johnson & Towers built a 250 HP 3-71 for pleasure craft. Stewart & Stevenson had similar hot rod Detroits.
Like I said earlier, we need a pic of the engine nameplate.
Not all VM engines are meant for automobiles. They had plenty of engines for tractors, generators and all kinds of equipment. This one in the pictures was from an Agrifull 60 tractor. I had VM engines on both of my crawlers, one 26HP - 2 cylinder and other 39HP - 3 cylinders.