N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR.
It doesn't look like that controller has soft start, is the only thing. And frequently, these controllers need a mechanical switch flipped to change direction, which would add another complication. I just want to use the original shuttle lever. I could create a small circuit with a couple relays that would eliminate the need for a second module on my setup, but they are so cheap I didn't bother to worry about it. Plus, it would be more complicated for others who don't understand electrical that well to duplicate on their own. If there was more demand I might make something to sell, but I don't expect that it would be worthwhile.

I could just create my own dual soft start circuit and that would probably be sufficient also, I don't think the PWM is actually necessary in this application. A slow voltage rise over several seconds would probably work just fine. But having the PWM module on hand already sort of pushed me in that direction. Simple, quick and inexpensive. The other nice thing about the controllers I am using is that they have a built in setting for overload, just like the original TCM. I can set that for say 1.5 amps, and if the load (solenoid) draws more than that, the module will cut off power, just like the original TCM.

Edit: if you need any help Fred, feel free to send me a message. The TCM really isn't that complicated. All it is doing is taking a voltage signal in from the shuttle lever and phasing an output voltage in to the forward or reverse solenoids. Your machine's TCM is a little more complicated than mine in that yours has an additional torque converter lockup solenoid. My machine (555D) does not lock up the converter. You could install a separate switch for that pretty readily if you wanted to keep it. You might get along just fine without it though.
Ekretz, 1st: Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays. These holiday greetings can get complicated these days. But to me not as complex as my TCM. Mr. ekretz please. sketch me a wiring diagram of this installation. My two little controllers from China will arrive about mid January. TractorTech lead me to you. TractorTech and others have been helpful, but you appear to be the closet to bingo!

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #22  
Yes folks!, take notes, pictures, and part numbers, I hope my 345C continues to work for yeas to come, but who knows!

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #23  
Ekretz, 1st: Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays. These holiday greetings can get complicated these days. But to me not as complex as my TCM. Mr. ekretz please. sketch me a wiring diagram of this installation. My two little controllers from China will arrive about mid January. TractorTech lead me to you. TractorTech and others have been helpful, but you appear to be the closet to bingo!

Sure, no problemo. I will draw something out for you and add it shortly. Keep in mind that your wiring harness and colors on the 445 may not be exactly the same as my 555, so I will add descriptions, not just wire colors.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #24  
Ok, here is the pinout and connection guide for my 555D using 2 controllers, one for forward and one for reverse. The controllers are "Hanlei CCM-TK." This will allow the machine to function just as it originally did with the shuttle lever. Merry Christmas! Be sure to check your individual machine's schematic to be sure your wires are the same before using these colors! I attached photos of the controller terminals so you can see the labeling of the terminals as well as the two plugs that I sourced from the original TCM. Follow the connections in the 2nd image with the text, ignore the connections in the controller terminal image - that is currently set up for my temporary drive method that uses the toggle switch rather than 2 individual controllers. All of the original safety interlocks should still function with this setup if they were active and not previously disabled, as the power for both the brown and gray wires (FWD and REV signals) comes off of the red wire, which gets shut off if any of the interlock contacts are broken in the electrical path. If any of those were previously disabled, they will still be disabled.

20231225_114323.jpg

20231225_114355.jpg

20231225_114105.jpg

20231225_114614.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, here is the pinout and connection guide for my 555D using 2 controllers, one for forward and one for reverse. The controllers are "Hanlei CCM-TK." This will allow the machine to function just as it originally did with the shuttle lever. Merry Christmas! Be sure to check your individual machine's schematic to be sure your wires are the same before using these colors! I attached photos of the controller terminals so you can see the labeling of the terminals as well as the two plugs that I sourced from the original TCM. Follow the connections in the 2nd image with the text, ignore the connections in the controller terminal image - that is currently set up for my temporary drive method that uses the toggle switch rather than 2 individual controllers. All of the original safety interlocks should still function with this setup if they were active and not previously disabled, as the power for both the brown and gray wires (FWD and REV signals) comes off of the red wire, which gets shut off if any of the interlock contacts are broken in the electrical path. If any of those were previously disabled, they will still be disabled.

View attachment 840431

View attachment 840432

View attachment 840433

View attachment 840434
Mr. ekretz, now, this is a Christmas present, especially for you to do this for me today. I noticed your plugs are 4 wire, mine are 6 wires. I'm going to look this over. everything takes me a couple days, these days. Thank you Fred

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #26  
Mr. ekretz, now, this is a Christmas present, especially for you to do this for me today. I noticed your plugs are 4 wire, mine are 6 wires. I'm going to look this over. everything takes me a couple days, these days. Thank you Fred

Fred, you are very welcome. FYI, the extra two wires on your machine are going to be for the torque converter lockup solenoid.

Can someone please tell me if the colored wires on all NH Ford tractors have a similar function in the different control modules. i.e. Is the yellow wire doing the same function in any module?

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #28  
Can someone please tell me if the colored wires on all NH Ford tractors have a similar function in the different control modules. i.e. Is the yellow wire doing the same function in any module?

Fred, do you have the service manuals for your machine? The schematics in those are priceless when doing electrical repairs and diagnosis. I was lucky in that my machine came with the full set of service manuals when I bought it from the previous owner. If you don't have them, you may be able to find them online. Sometimes with a little looking you can find a free PDF version.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #29  
I don't know if this will help, or muddy the waters, but this is from the 345C,445C, 545C service manual

wiring.jpeg

wiring 1.jpeg

wiring 2.jpeg

wiring 3.jpeg

wiring 4.jpeg

wiring 5.jpeg

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #30  
I'm not sure I am following those wire color codes. What is U/K for instance? UG, UY may be green and yellow? Ah, missed the color legend in the previous image...

I'll have a closer look shortly.

Last edited: