N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #11  
It would be helpful posting pictures of it. Module & connector end. Then open it, pictures of the pcb (circuit board) component and foil side.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #12  
You might try posting a free "want to buy" ad on TractorHouse: TractorHouse.com | New & Used Farm Equipment For Sale Look at the top right of page to see the link. Many smaller salvage yards, or places that have NOS parts are connected to the site. It takes about 10 minutes to fill out the form, and most will reply in no longer to 36-48 hours. Might be worth a shot. I've found more that several hard to find parts using this feature.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR.
Please, does anyone on TractorNet know who repairs tractor control modules? I have tried Google!
Yes it is. The difference between the 8x8 and 4x4 is the PTO and the torque converter lockup function. The lockup is the button on the shifter, but New Holland discontinued the 8x8 controller first, leaving the 4x4 controller F0NN7Z319BA R/B 83991713 which also is not available anymore. Look at the thread as this is a viable alternative. Otherwise, you will have to find a salvage unit or have it rebuilt

TractorTech Ted, I have searched the world and I have a question. I know very little about tractors. After25 years I wore my Kubota L295 only 29 hp out. I built roads and ponds with my JD 555 track loader backhoe. I wish I still had it I built many things cars, sailboats etc., but this N H Ford 445c mystifies me with the TCM. Ted do you know if it's possible to attach an on-off- on toggle to the reverse and forward solenoid with some kind of voltage regulator for the solenoids? BTW I'll be 90 in January.
Please see 50' 23 ton Daedalus I hand built in 1977 and sailed from California to Coastal Alabama 41 years ago and never looked back.

Attachments

• Daedalus on her way Arnia Bay.jpg
    Daedalus on her way Arnia Bay.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 36
   / N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #14  
Beautiful sailboat!
I was searching last week when you asked, but work and Christmas took over. I will make some calls tomorrow.

Question, you know for sure that the controller is the culprit?

Other option would be the solution eKretz came up with. Stat tuned.

Using a toggle would shift the tractor very abruptly. It could be used very short term, but not recommended.

Ted

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #15  
Did anyone put it on the locator for you
Meyer ward tractor supply california
559-824-0558

Beautiful sailboat!
I was searching last week when you asked, but work and Christmas took over. I will make some calls tomorrow.

Question, you know for sure that the controller is the culprit?

Other option would be the solution eKretz came up with. Stat tuned.

Using a toggle would shift the tractor very abruptly. It could be used very short term, but not recommended.

Ted
Ted, you can't imagine how good I feel about you and others stepping in to give me a hand on this Holland 445C. I was floundering. A neighbor checked all the systems except the voltage regulator, which I'd better figure out. The module checked negative. I tested it a couple times per the manual.

Yes it is. The difference between the 8x8 and 4x4 is the PTO and the torque converter lockup function. The lockup is the button on the shifter, but New Holland discontinued the 8x8 controller first, leaving the 4x4 controller F0NN7Z319BA R/B 83991713 which also is not available anymore. Look at the thread as this is a viable alternative. Otherwise, you will have to find a salvage unit or have it rebuilt

TractorTech, The only possible solution I've found is what Ekretz is doing. It's an inexpensive investment, so no loss there if it doesn't work for me. When it comes, I'll probably just stare at it for a while. I would like to keep in touch. Here's another of my projects. I've spent a lifetime dreaming and wasting money Have a wonderful Holiday.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #18  
TractorTech, The only possible solution I've found is what Ekretz is doing. It's an inexpensive investment, so no loss there if it doesn't work for me. When it comes, I'll probably just stare at it for a while. I would like to keep in touch. Here's another of my projects. I've spent a lifetime dreaming and wasting money Have a wonderful Holiday.

I agree Fred. I checked with AgExpress and they are checking with their special projects department if they can/will refurbish these controllers

The eKretz solution for a long term replacement idea is by far the best and definitely cheapest.

Have a great holiday and let's all spend some time with family!

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #19  
Fred and @eKretz, I'm wondering if this wouldn't eliminate the need for 2 controllers; one device to replace the original module:

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #20  
It doesn't look like that controller has soft start, is the only thing. And frequently, these controllers need a mechanical switch flipped to change direction, which would add another complication. I just want to use the original shuttle lever. I could create a small circuit with a couple relays that would eliminate the need for a second module on my setup, but they are so cheap I didn't bother to worry about it. Plus, it would be more complicated for others who don't understand electrical that well to duplicate on their own. If there was more demand I might make something to sell, but I don't expect that it would be worthwhile.

I could just create my own dual soft start circuit and that would probably be sufficient also, I don't think the PWM is actually necessary in this application. A slow voltage rise over several seconds would probably work just fine. But having the PWM module on hand already sort of pushed me in that direction. Simple, quick and inexpensive. The other nice thing about the controllers I am using is that they have a built in setting for overload, just like the original TCM. I can set that for say 1.5 amps, and if the load (solenoid) draws more than that, the module will cut off power, just like the original TCM.

Edit: if you need any help Fred, feel free to send me a message. The TCM really isn't that complicated. All it is doing is taking a voltage signal in from the shuttle lever and phasing an output voltage in to the forward or reverse solenoids. Your machine's TCM is a little more complicated than mine in that yours has an additional torque converter lockup solenoid. My machine (555D) does not lock up the converter. You could install a separate switch for that pretty readily if you wanted to keep it. You might get along just fine without it though.

Last edited: